• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sosa tested positive!!!

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Someone hit upon it already. These athletes are coddled and pampered from such a young age that they do believe they are above the law. And sadly, in many cases they are.

I used to coach youth league tackle football, ages 9-12 and 13-16. And I saw a couple of really talented kids go through the system. One was so talented that by the time he was 11 the area high school football coach was advising me on plays and practice techniques, to prep him for his inevitable move to HS stardom and college. Eleven years old? Come on now, granted the kid was good, but he was given a free ride all through HS, never took books home other than the playbook.

He hurt his knee his senior year, ended up at a JR college where he turned out to be a small fish in a big pond. He washed out, last I heard the kid had a BAD drug problem and had amounted to nothing.

Point being, these players are taught at a VERY early age they are above the law and that their talent and money can get them out of anything.

Is it right, hell no, do I agree with it, again, hell no. But having seen it from both sides, I can see how it happens. Doesn't mean I agree, but I can see how this kind of stuff occurs.

🔥 Latest posts