• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

SouthEastern Golf outing?

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
I emailed chollyred as I havent seen him at ST lately, but he lives close to hard labor also. Doc?

chollyred

Mar 9, 2006
If y'all decide Georgia is the place to be, then I'd love to join you at Hard Labor Creek. Thing about Hard Labor is that there are cottages and camp sites available for those so inclined. There are a few motels within a short drive.

Another close possibility is Long shadow at Madison, Ga. About a mile off I-20 like you'd be going toward Greensboro/Eatonton. Haven't played it, but the few reviews have been good.

A tad closer to Atlanta there's Indian Creek (Covington) and Cherokee Run (Conyers). Both nice courses.

What ever y'all decide, please keep me up to date. I just started working a new job that's taking up all my time. Hardly any time for the internet, much less golf. DouginGa has all my contact info.

Just subscribed to this thread...

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Hey, chollyred, how you been?

As for me, it solely depends on the day and how far away. About the only day of the week that I can count on is a Sunday, at least right now.

chollyred

Mar 9, 2006
Hey Doc,

Been doing the one armed paper hanger thing. Took a new job (same company) up in Alpharetta. Been working 12-13 hours a day plus a 2 hour commute home. It's been killing any family and social time. Almost like keeping YOUR hours. 'Bout ready to make a break for it.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
As I said, personally I could care less where we play. I'm always looking for a new course to play. The whole reason behind this is to meet up with some ST'ers and have fun. So where ever we can get the most people in agreement on and commited to coming I'm in.

chollyred

Mar 9, 2006
Met up with DouginGa and a couple of his buddies yesterday and played The Creek at Hard Labor. 1st time I'd played this course. Tough, tough course. Very hilly. They've recently rebuilt the greens with a new dwarf hybrid bermuda. The greens are like linoleum, lightning fast. We all struggled with the greens, but nobody had as much trouble as me. I've lost all touch around the greens. Played okay from tee to green, but once I got there, I was toast. Looking forward to tackling it again.

If y'all decide to come to Georgia for a Shot Talk confab, I'd highly recommend this place. Even with the fairways still being dormant, the course is in great shape. It'll be gorgeous later this spring. All the employees were courteous and friendly. A really good golf experience for a very reasonable price.

The only drawback to some may be the lack of alcohol sales. If you gotta have it, you gotta bring it.

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
Was a good time there chuck!! and for all of february is $25 round and includes cart. Anyone wanna play it, just lemme know, they have cottages there and it is also only about 25 mi from athens. My couch is free.

better yet, who is in for the weekend of the 16/17 ??

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Was a good time there chuck!! and for all of february is $25 round and includes cart. Anyone wanna play it, just lemme know, they have cottages there and it is also only about 25 mi from athens. My couch is free.

better yet, who is in for the weekend of the 16/17 ??

I've got a local tourney on the 16th. But I'm free on the 17th. :)

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I'd love to make it, but I need a little more advance notice than that. But I like the sound of all interested planning something in the spring for Hard Labor. Rent a couple or more cottages and make a weekend out of it. I'm sure I can fit enough beer in the back seat of my truck to last me the weekend, :laugh:

chollyred

Mar 9, 2006
Bump....Haven't heard anything about this is awhile. Just checking to see if any progress has been made?

Got out to The Creek at Hard Labor again. This time I couldn't get off the tee box, but was rolling in some long putts. One was over 50 feet! Maybe one day everything will come together at the same time....

🔥 Latest posts