• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Spain's Jon Rahm Named 2019 European Tour Golfer of the Year

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
Embed from Getty Images

JON RAHM, WHO RECENTLY WON the European Tour's Race to Dubai, is the golfer of the year on the European Tour.

More from EuropeanTour.com:
Rahm was selected by a panel comprising members of the golfing media as the winner of the prestigious annual award after a superb season in which he won two Rolex Series events, defended his national Open title and became the first Spaniard since Severiano Ballesteros to finish the year as European Number One after sealing the Race to Dubai title in a dramatic finale to the 2019 campaign.
The 25-year-old finished tied ninth at The Masters, tied third in the U.S. Open and was runner-up at the Estrella Damm N.A. Andalucia Valderrama Masters before securing his first European Tour title of the year at the Dubai Duty Free Irish Open – his third Rolex Series victory in the space of three years.​
Rahm went on to successfully defend his title at the Open de Espana (Spain Open) and completed the season with a victory at the DP World Tour Championship.

Rahm said: "It is a huge honor for me to be named the Hilton European Tour Golfer of the Year. To emulate another of Seve's achievements in winning this award is very humbling, and I'm so proud of what I have achieved this year."

Source: Spain's Jon Rahm Named 2019 European Tour Golfer of the Year

🔥 Latest posts