• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Speaking of post count....

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Best golf buddy is tight. Won't spend a dime without acting as if it's his last. He's bagged a glued together Snake Eyes driver for almost 7 season. Paint is bag worn off the shaft. But, he finally made up his mind a new driver might be in order.
You can't call a 65 year old's ball flight a 'power fade'. It's a slice, no matter how you tag it. But, he's learned to play it and starts the banana ball far enough to the left to see it find its way back to the fairway. He's consistent... just not very long off the tee. If he could straighten out his bend, he'd add 10 yards.
He's been watching the used bin at the club. Yesterday morning, he was talking with the assistant pro about looking for a used driver. The assistant pro said he thought the pro had just taken in a set of Cobras on trade. He found them in the pro's office and pulled the driver. It was an S9 offset. The assistant pro told him to try it and see if it would work.
The front nine was a little rough. I finally got him to tee the ball up a bit and he began hitting the snot out of the club. The offset corrected most of his wicked slice and he hit some of the longest, straightest drives I've ever seen him do. When we finished the round, he asked the assistant pro what he wanted for the driver. He settled on $40, paid for it, and headed home.
My buddy called me about 2 p.m. He had just rec'd a call from the pro at the club. The "trade in" driver he purchased was actually in a set a customer had left to have regripped. They were NOT traded in!!!! So... back to the club to return 'his' new driver and get back his $40.
This morning he said he found an identical driver on the 'net for $50 shipped... and ordered it. I guess that is one way to try before you buy. Just find sets that folks have left to have regripped and play them!!! :) :)

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
To long, didn't read.

At least that's what I took it to mean :)

🔥 Latest posts