• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Special shoe advice...

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Reaction score
I tried on the Adidas Powerband shoes I've been in love with for so long today, and I'm very disappointed :(

Backstory:

Despite being 19, I have really bad ankles/feet. I broke my ankles a few times playing basketball, which might have been the cause or effect of the flat-feet; but the end result in extreme pronation (rolling inward of the ankles in a natural standing posture).

I've seen a good pediatrist who has custom orthotics made for me, which help quite a bit. BUT; it seems that most low-cut golf shoes don't have a back high enough to keep my heel in. I don't really want to take the insole out of the shoes, but the alternative is to not wear the orthotics in the shoes, which is not good for me.

The Adidas have a very high heel inside the shoe; the only ones I've really seen like that... but then again I haven't seen many shoes. Anyone have a similar dilemma? I'd really like a high end shoe that resists twisting: which was the thing I loved most about the solid, stable sole of the powerbands.

Thanks fellas!

Try some Eccos. They have very solid soles, almost rigid. That's why I like them. It gives me great balance and a solid foundation.

They're a tad more than many other choices out there, but at the end of 18, your puppies feel great.

R35

As Rock mentioned, ECCO's are a great shoe, and possibly the best fitting most comfortable shoe on the market. They do come at a price.

Not sure if this would be an option for you. Bite makes Hiking style golf shoes including a high cut boot.
Bite Shoes - Golf Boot 2.5
They also have low cut model hiking golf shoes. When I used to walk to play, they were my preferred walking shoe for the hilly courses where I used to walk. I had one of the low cut models and they provided great support. Although the pair I had are maybe a little more towards a hiking shoe than the low cut ones they now have on their site.
Bite Shoes - Footwear

edit 1 - if you want a lower cut, maybe check out some of these sites and see what I mean by the older models, may be able to get some cheap
bite hiking golf shoes - Google Search

Not sure if Footjoys will fit your requirements (or aesthetics), however I just found a pair of Dryjoys at a local golf outlet shop that are comfortable/supportive in the heel, and I have very bad ankles. Previous to finding these I had some lowcut $200 Footjoys, and, although they have lasted for years, they gave me the same problem you are describing since my ankles went bad. The link is for Edwin Watts but I know you can get them cheaper.

FootJoy Dryjoys Golf Shoes

RJ

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,780

Rockford35

2. 17,420