• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

spining and going to stiffer flex

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
so my irons been relatively sucking lately, spraying them all over the place especially w/ my 3 iron. this is partial to my quickened tempo and when i did the work, i had one goal in mind. more controlled ball flight and dispersion.

i've been always trying to make little bit of change to my equipments to enhance my ever so changing swingspeed, tempo, etc. this is espcially critical w/ my irons because they're little demanding. my latest change, going from black gold stiff flex to DG x100, was what i needed. so i changed the swingweight from D2 to D4 (D5 in PW), and w/ heavier shaft. the result is that my swing is more stable throughout and stable at impact. in addition, having spined xflex shaft in my iron has tighten the dispersion. i did lose some distance, but it's a small price to pay IMO. 3i ranges anywhere from 195 to 205 still, so i haven't lost too much of distance, but gained lot more control.

i don't know what has helped me more though. spining or going to heavier/stiffer flex shaft, but sure did the job that i wanted. i don't have the ballooning shots like i used to as well.

OP
twofast2s

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
Try an x-flex in your driver.

i've been leaking everything to the right. only when i go for it i get straighter shot.

i thought the stiffer flex will only produce shots to the right. can you explain?
thanks!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
i've been leaking everything to the right. only when i go for it i get straighter shot.

i thought the stiffer flex will only produce shots to the right. can you explain?
thanks!

Too stiff = right. That's a basic rule of thumb.

For me, too stiff = left. Dead pull. Too soft = right, too much lag.

R35

OP
twofast2s

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
my ball flight is very boring, and starts of relatively straight and then start cutting to the right (not a hard cut, but enough to go into the woods). i do pull it sometimes, but push more than pull.

same swing w/ my hibore, high slight draw.

i feel like i'm not loading the shaft. i can feel it w/ V2, but not w/ this. i don't feel the "kick" at impact, but the ball does jumps off of the club face.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Are you talking with a driver? I can't hit a fade to save my life anymore. It's either straight or draw for this dummy. I would pay good money to have a 10 yard draw in my arsenal off the tee, especially around these parts...

R35

OP
twofast2s

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
Are you talking with a driver?
R35

would it listen?

i'm hitting fine w/ my hibore, it's just the new driver set up right now. i'm gonna experiment something tomorrow and ask more questions tomorrow.

will the driver understand korean? :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
would it listen?

i'm hitting fine w/ my hibore, it's just the new driver set up right now. i'm gonna experiment something tomorrow and ask more questions tomorrow.

will the driver understand korean? :D

Probably. 50/50 that it was made there. :laugh:

R35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
i wonder why it wouldn't listen when i say "cut!!!" or "come back!!!!!!!" they no un-duh-stan egrish!

Must be a Chinese head. :laugh:

My Callaway was made in China, assembled in Canada, and doesn't understand any French that I yell at it either.

Multiculturalism be damned. :D

R35

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I hit x-flex dead straight,I just lose launch angle,I say try it

OP
twofast2s

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
okay so today i was at the range, added some leadtape around the heel area to do two things: increase swing weight so i can feel the club head better, and to promote more draw bias set up.

well i have to say, the lead tape helped me TONS!!! i probably lost little bit of distance, but i'm getting nice trajectory flight straight as an arrow!. i probably have too much leadtape on there though. total of 8grams evenly spaced out behind the club. the flex should be b/w Regular and stiff due to the extra weight.

i feel like i'm having easier time keeping my swing on plane and not over swinging. very nice.

rock: must be chinese or japanese head, didn't cut as much, but it knew that i was asian..

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.