• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Squatting?

ernesttbass

Banned
Banned
Aug 10, 2020
Country
United States United States
Does squatting behind your ball to see the line really work? If so why are so many putts off line?
To me putting is about feel and distance control to die at the hole, I never 3 putt. If I’m off line by a foot and die at the hole my 2nd putt is one foot, what could be easier?

Apostle of die at the hole putting!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Most, if not all, in our group can't/won't/don't squat. Heck! If I squatted I'd probably have to have a floor jack to help me back up!!! I wish I could say I never three-jack a hole. It happens. Happened twice today. Watching the pros on tv... I find it amazing how many putts of less than 5 feet they miss. Of course, their greens are slicker than my garage floor.
We can sit down for a meal, pick up a dangerous utensil with four sharp tines on it, load it with food and hit our mouth which we cannot see. Yet, we cannot put a ball in a 4 1/4" diameter hole... that we can see! We've seen PGA pros break putters across their legs and bang putters off their heads. Who was it that tied a putter to the rear bumper of his courtesy car and drug it from the course back to the hotel... just to teach it a lesson.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
It works.
villegas.jpg

OP
E

ernesttbass

Banned
Banned
Aug 10, 2020
Country
Lmao!

I would probably fall on my ass if I tried squatting!

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Does squatting behind your ball to see the line really work? If so why are so many putts off line?
To me putting is about feel and distance control to die at the hole, I never 3 putt. If I’m off line by a foot and die at the hole my 2nd putt is one foot, what could be easier?

b3b9df954ed23aebaff894a5ad658b39.jpg

OP
E

ernesttbass

Banned
Banned
Aug 10, 2020
Country
More power to ya!

it takes practice and I’ve been golfing for 50 years

OP
E

ernesttbass

Banned
Banned
Aug 10, 2020
Country
You can always try it yourself, putt so the ball runs out of energy at the back of the cup! Simple enough

OP
E

ernesttbass

Banned
Banned
Aug 10, 2020
Country
But that’s not squatting either!

what did he win on the korn ferry tour? A bag of nibblits or a buccaneer?

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
4 PGA wins including the Tour Championship.
And then he disappeared. Had some injuries and some family tragedies in the last few years keeping golf in the background, but he was supposed to be that next generational talent that challenged Tiger and Duvall and just kind of faded.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country

Sol 2.0

🔥 Latest posts