• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Squishy golf ball review

hackworth

Jul 6, 2009
My swing speed is only slightly faster than yours. I have found the new Srixon AD333 to be more to my liking than the Nike Juice or the Laddies. Seem to get almost 15 more yards with the driver and around 8-9 more with my irons. Decent stoppin ability on the greens and not harsh off the driver. Have not played them in cold temperatures yet. 2 dozen for 25 bucks at Dicks Sporting Goods on sale.

twelvegage

live life. love life.
Jan 18, 2008
My swing speed is only slightly faster than yours. I have found the new Srixon AD333 to be more to my liking than the Nike Juice or the Laddies. Seem to get almost 15 more yards with the driver and around 8-9 more with my irons. Decent stoppin ability on the greens and not harsh off the driver. Have not played them in cold temperatures yet. 2 dozen for 25 bucks at Dicks Sporting Goods on sale.
I just bought 2 dozen of these from Golf Galaxy for $25 and also got a Srixon towel too (one of the big ones). I've heard a ton of good reviews for this ball and can't wait to try them tomorrow.

OP
wirehair

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Another update, played Precept IQ180's yesterday, temp about 100. Very nice ball, decent length off the driver, nice solid feel when well struck. Wedge shots were high and landed like a butterfly with sore feet. Cover seems pretty easy to destroy, one tree and one cart path bounce both tore up the cover. I never had a need to hit a really full shot with my Vokey SM's but 75% shots didn't seem to damage them. Even though they seem to damage easily, I feel real good about these.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Another update, played Precept IQ180's yesterday, temp about 100. Very nice ball, decent length off the driver, nice solid feel when well struck. Wedge shots were high and landed like a butterfly with sore feet. Cover seems pretty easy to destroy, one tree and one cart path bounce both tore up the cover. I never had a need to hit a really full shot with my Vokey SM's but 75% shots didn't seem to damage them. Even though they seem to damage easily, I feel real good about these.

Word has it that these are what the XP3 became...

When I run out of the 15 doz. or so XP3s I have, I will probably switch over to these. Everything you described about the iq180 is exactly how I'd describe the XP3.

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
I actually gave the Burner a shot since the price drop, and it turns out that's a damn fine ball. The side of the box says 40 compression, and the bottom says 60 - so I'm not sure which it really is. Either way it's a very nice and soft feeling ball. In fact it feels almost exactly like the PD Soft. It doesn't launch quite as high, but it spins a hell of a lot more. I haven't putted with it yet, but every other aspect has been way above my expectations. My wedge has left a few lines on the cover, but not as bad as the TP Black. Definitely my favorite squishy and cheap ball thus far. If it stays under $20 it'll be my gamer for the forseeable future.

OP
wirehair

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
I dug around in the $1 golf ball bucket today & saw a Callaway Hot Bite green. Since a couple of you guys said to try it, I did. Teed it up on #1 and hit an OK drive. 2nd shot was a Thurmon Munson (dead yank) never saw it after that.:(

...but in the brief time that it existed, it was certainly round and white.:)

On the plus side, #1 is a 600 yard par 5 dogleg right and I bogeyed with a lost ball penalty on a dead yank second shot. Dropped 3 in the puckerbrush, 3 wood over trees & stuff, 6 iron on then 1 putt. I owe it all the the fondly remembered Hot Bite.:D

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Might try the Burner. I've been hooked on the Red and Blacks as of lately.

Bought 2 dozen B330RX's the other day for $20 from a guy who sells used balls. They were all almost new it looked like.

I'm hooked on the Precept U-Tri Tours now. That was a helluva ball.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.