• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ssmokin-WBL--Sand is your friend!!!!

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Yo Dudes,

Played Arrowhead today and finished birdie/birdie. The first bird was the par 5 17th. 500 yards with bunkers protecting the front of the green. A good drive and 16* hybrid put me in the trap with about 12 yards to pin. Nice lie --fluffy sand and perhaps 6 yards of green to work with and an up slope to pin.

I opened up a 60* wedge and threw up a spinner that dropped and stopped. Nice little tap in bird.

That hole and the 18th has been my nemesis. Today they were vanquished.

18th is a 430 yard par 4 with a forced carry over a pond for the second shot. Hit a 6 iron stiff for a tap in bird.

One of the better finishes I ever had.

Indacup/Esox--the crib notes on my glove really helped today--along with the full moon. Sometimes the stars align.:) 1 under 71--5 birds 4 boogies 28 putts!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sand is your friend!!!!!!

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
That's takin' it low! Nice round.

Kevin

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I've been doing pretty good out of the sand lately (ask nututhugame). :)

Now if I could get my putting more consistent.... :(

Super round zaphod!! :wow:

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Nice round Zaphod. I have been doing better out of the gravel pit sand traps here at Waushara CC. Using my pw on longer shots with good luck. Very careful not to wreck my clubs on one of their signature rocks........LOL.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I've been doing pretty good out of the sand lately (ask nututhugame). :)

Now if I could get my putting more consistent.... :(

Super round zaphod!! :wow:
Nice rd John.

Jerry, already gave you the answer to your putting issues, pick up a TM putter with a loose head:laugh:

OP
zaphod

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Thanks guys----I will post a picture of that glove sometime. Notes written all over it. I need an arm band like the NFL quaterbacks wear. So many thing to remember and so little room.:laugh:

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I can't do that. If I have too many "things" going through my mind I tighten up and can't swing. I went through the "Golf Digest" and "Golf Magazine" tips thing many years ago and just decided I'd use the KISS method. Of course I don't break par but really not my goal unless it accidentally happens. My goal is to shoot consistently in the 40's for nine and I'm happy. :)

🔥 Latest posts