• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

St. Patrick's Day

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
Today's the day everybody gets to be Irish. If you're already drunk, you're truly Irish or on your way to a long day. Try a Guinness, the finest beer ever brewed. Have a Harp if you find the Guinness a bit too stout. Do not drink green American beer. For the inexperienced with a hankering for Irish Whiskey, I suggest Tullamore Dew with a couple ice cubes. Very smooth. Have a potato or two for ballast, eat a salmon, catch a pike, watch a hurling match, play golf, wear a wool sweater, go to mass, make a baby, grab a leprechaun. All these activities can make you a little more Irish, and the last can make you rich.

It's best not to juggle the Waterford Crystal on St. Patrick's Day.

Ireland is the country that gave us William Butler Yeats, James Joyce, Peter O'Toole, Richard Harris, Van Morrison, that Bono guy, and the Monks that saved civilization, just to name a few. So when you're hammered today, be creative; sing a song, recite a poem, do some acting, write a love letter, fall down and piss yourself, beat a snake with a stick, punch an Englishman, kiss a redhead named Kathleen, laugh your ass off, and get in a good argument.

The truly Irish should only argue amongst themselves, as no one else is a worthy opponent.

Most of all, enjoy yourself. The Irish do every day.

Do not drink and drive, in Ireland, it's almost a capitol offense.

Kevin

Guinness for strength

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Can't do the Guiness... something about having to have a knife and fork to cut the beer ;)

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Have a couple Guinness in the fridge that I saved for just this occasion from when I made Guinness Stew just a couple weeks ago.

Started up with a Vodka and Tonic about 30 minutes ago.

... and as mention in the food thread.
Had the Corn Beef, Cabbage, Onions and Carrots on since about noon simmering in the slow cooker. Just added the potatoes about 30 minutes ago.

My wife is a bigger fan of this than I am, so I also have the bread, Swiss Cheese and dressing to make Reubens for the next 2 days.
... and I will never again drink dyed green beer, was fun to do in college, now it just ruins the experience of a good beer.

And for the true Irish in the crowd, this blessing is for you, has always been my favorite. I do believe I have a small bit of Irish blood in me.

Old Irish Blessing said:
May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

In all seriousness, I have already told my wife when I die to play O' Danny Boy for my friends and family at a party not a wake, cremate me, move on with life and you can flush my ashes down the toilet for all I care as they really serve no further purpose.

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
I'm at Uiversity in Scotland, Scotland is near ireslnad, this is a good excuse to clelebrate being Irish

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I woke up this morning and punched my wife for not making me potatoes.

How's that for Patty's day? ;)

R35

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Why do Leprechauns laugh as they run? Because the grass tickles their nuts!!!
Happy St. Patrick's Day

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I woke up this morning and punched my wife for not making me potatoes.

How's that for Patty's day? ;)

R35

It'd be fine if we knew it wasn't the other way around!

Happy Saint Pattys day folks, Maloney's is a bar downtown where I'm headed soon.

🔥 Latest posts