• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

stack & tilt converts, do you hit your driver

ol-crank

Oct 28, 2006
with same swing? I am hitting wedges, irons, and fw woods with a kinda S&T, that is basically center over the ball, almost all the weight on the forward foot, taking the club back inside but keeping the weight on the forward foot, but with my driver I am still back using my hogan type swing, hoping to transfer my weight, but often ending up with my weight on the back foot. Do you swing your driver with a stack & tilt swing? What kind of distance, etc?
thanks

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
I use the stack and tilt for the driver, but the weight transfer during the backswing is not as pronounced. I find that the easiest way to do this is to cock my right knee in at address (I am a RT hander). Basically I take my normal address, and then I just let my RT knee flex a little bit towards my center of mass. Then I just take my swing making sure that I don't let my knee buckle outwards. This will put a little bit more weight on your front foot, and help you keep from falling back on the downswing. It also seems to put me in a better position to hit the ball with my right side - almost as if I am prepared to take a step into it with my right foot.

If you don't want to lose the hogan style swing with the driver I suggest the you try taking practice swings using his favorite drill. Take your swing and finish by taking a step with your right foot. This will force you to move your weight to the front foot during the downswing. But if whether you use the hogan stlye or the stack and tilt the key is going to be how much time you put into it.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Irons and fairway woods use pretty much S & T (since before it was "discovered"). Driver I don't because I take a wider stance and it doesn't lend itself to S & T. Working good so far. :)

OP
ol-crank

ol-crank

Oct 28, 2006
This will put a little bit more weight on your front foot, and help you keep from falling back on the downswing.
That's where I need to work more, as I came from the reverse pivot and too often I end up on the back foot.

Take your swing and finish by taking a step with your right foot.

That is the drill the pro asked me to do but I seemed to have gotten away from it.. that's for the reminder.

OP
ol-crank

ol-crank

Oct 28, 2006
Also thanks, I might stay with the Hogan swing if I

Irons and fairway woods use pretty much S & T (since before it was "discovered"). Driver I don't because I take a wider stance and it doesn't lend itself to S & T. Working good so far. :)

can transfer my weight onto the front foot. I do hit it long and straight if I get my shoulders around and finish on the left foot.

🔥 Latest posts