• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stakes are high

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Since I was making huge improvement in the indoor driving range, and seen the results all that practice did some weeks ago on the golf course, I was bragging that I finally found my swing (which I truly think is true :p ). The more I practice in the driving range (about one hour once a week), the better I refine my swing. Even found myself to practice chipping and pitching.
Not believing me on my improvements, my brother challenged me on a bet next year.
We decided it won't be skins or match play, but a 4 round stroke play.

The stakes?
If I win, I get to choose either the Cleveland CG1 blades (which I demoed today, but found it slightly heavier on the clubhead) or the Mizuno MP33. Don't get me wrong I just love my TA1. It's only for betting purposes ;)
Now if I lose, I have to offer him the Taylor Made R7 with Fujikura Speeder Shaft TP...

So.... Did I chose the correct prize? Hahaha.... I'm talking as if I'm going to win. Now wait yes I'm going to win. :canadafla

The master

Oct 24, 2004
HOLY SMOKES!!! How are yous going to be able to afford to pay for the clubs you must be loaded but good bet if I was you I would be practicing every day for a set of mp-33's they must be worth $700. What do you both play off.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
If you needed any additional motivation to keep up the practice, that little bet should do it.

Plus, by the time Spring gets here the price of all of those clubs should have come down. Taylormade will probably be up to the R9 by then. Both sets of irons are beautiful. I wish I had enough game for the 33s. :miz:

The master

Oct 24, 2004
They are a really nice iron I have the game for them but not the cash so im considering the older 29's.

OP
L

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
True, the price will drop down for the TM but not for the irons. Blades are so classical and so few people buy them, they need to keep the price as it is.
But yes, these are great motivators. :D

OP
L

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
That's not possible. My elder brother already wants it.
Do you want Cleveland TA3?
:D

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
rockford35 said:
When you win, sell me your extra set. :)

R35

AHAh, so now you do want the TA1's that you said weren't true forging's ahah, btw, my swing is coming around, i'm working hard every day, getting ready for my supermatch time

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.