• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stand Bag, which one, please help????

KNP

Jan 7, 2008
I need help, I'm in the process of researching stand bags before I rush out and buy one. I can not unfortunately get to a store that stocks a lot of bags for comparison purposes.

My options at this point (from what I've seen online) are:

1. Mizuno Twister III
2. Taylor Made R7 or Phantom ST
3. Callaway Warbird or Terra Firma X

I am very keen on the OGIO Grom, which no one in New Zealand stocks, and also like the PING Hoofer Vantage which unfortunately is $450 here. The Twister is only $290, the TM's are $250 and the Callaway's are $210 and $320 respectively.

I currently use a Bennington Quiet Organiser on a trundler (push/pull cart). So obviously I want something that manages the clubs as best a stand bag can. Also something durable that'll last a long time, I see some people in this forum wear out bags quite often, I hope that's not common with stand bags.

Any advice/opinions anyone has are appreciated.

Kim

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
The Vantage is a very well made bag, and wil lang time, hence the price, but its heavy imho, it competes with the Ozone Flight which is a btter buy though, because you get the Schling, which I like (some don't). Best bag for me is the Ogio Ozone, it weighs 4lbs and their Crosswire strap is far more comfortable than the Ping for example.

I have not tried the others,but afaiac Ogio still rule.

ps the Woode system is great although Ezra can't work it out

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I had an original Twister, and have just ordered a Twister III.

RJTee

Dec 5, 2007
Not on your list but I swear by a Titleist carry bag (no model id on it although I know I paid more than average for it back then) with stand that I got about 15 years ago. It uses the then known as Izzo cross strap system which is heavly padded and very comfortable. This bag is as good now as it was the day I bought it and it has seen alot of rounds. Highly recommend Titleist if your retailer has them.

OP
KNP

KNP

Jan 7, 2008
Twister dividers

How did you find the divider system on your original twister? Is it the same system as the Twister III?

I'd be interested to hear pro's and con's from anyone that has the Twister III.

Kim

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
How did you find the divider system on your original twister? Is it the same system as the Twister III?

I'd be interested to hear pro's and con's from anyone that has the Twister III.

Kim

It works fine when you load the clubs according to their plan. I have to rearrange the clubs for cart carry, since their layout is really designed for balance while carrying.

I think the Twister III has been improved a bit.

The detachable pocket system is great. If you want to strip the bag down to the essentials it gets quite light and easy to carry. With the pockets attached, it has quite a lot of capacity.

Good strap system (once you get it adjusted properly)

Great legs, and it looks like the III is even better.

OP
KNP

KNP

Jan 7, 2008

Eracer, did you end up getting the Twister III? If so how do you find it?

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
OGIO has a list of international distributors on their website, and has one listed for New Zealand. They may be able to help you out on finding a GROM

OGIO - Top Bag Gear and Technology for golf, duffel, travel, messenger, skate, moto, bmx, street, travel, snow, girls, and more.

I personally have always used Sun Mountain or OGIO because of design and features. At this point I find it hard to believe I would ever buy anything but OGIO for stand bags. Actually, while Sun Mountain is my favorite for Cart Bags, and probably second for Stand Bags, although on the last couple I have had I have not been to happy with the zippers as they seem to start acting up in a couple years. But I will probably overlook it because I do play a lot of rounds in a year. I will probably be in store for another this year.

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
I use a ClubGlove stand bag. Has everything you need for storage and designed efficiently. My son uses a Callaway stand bag and likes it a lot.

OP
KNP

KNP

Jan 7, 2008
Grom v Edge

OGIO has a list of international distributors on their website, and has one listed for New Zealand. They may be able to help you out on finding a GROM

OGIO - Top Bag Gear and Technology for golf, duffel, travel, messenger, skate, moto, bmx, street, travel, snow, girls, and more.

I personally have always used Sun Mountain or OGIO because of design and features. At this point I find it hard to believe I would ever buy anything but OGIO for stand bags. Actually, while Sun Mountain is my favorite for Cart Bags, and probably second for Stand Bags, although on the last couple I have had I have not been to happy with the zippers as they seem to start acting up in a couple years. But I will probably overlook it because I do play a lot of rounds in a year. I will probably be in store for another this year.

Thanks for the link, I'll see what reply I get from them.

Can anyone tell me the main difference between the Grom and Edge?
Do they have a different strap system?
Anyone had any problems with the stand mechanism it looks a little fragile?

I've looked on their site, doesn't seem to be much difference apart from a little weight. No pictures of their straps. If someone could post a picture of the straps and the divider system it'd be much appreciated.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
The stand system is fine on the Ogios, and the strps will vary between a very good croosbow, ie dual shoulder strap as opposed to Pings twin strap (the croosbow is more comfortable) and the excellent Schling. The Schling is a hard crescent shape that fits across th shoulders. It divided opinion, fatter men tend to dislike it, they can't get comfortable, and thin men find it uncomfortable becuase it digs ina bit. Its not brilliantly comfortable imo but what it does do is spread the weight, i find the bag feels half as heavy with it so I live with the slight bony feel. I use it on an Ozone, I bought it separately because the Ozone is only 4lbs and with 12 clubs and the Schling the bag feels like nothing.

🔥 Latest posts