• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stand bags

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Talk to me.....

I have thus far, never used an actual stand bag. I have a cart bag that i walk around the course, or drag behind me on my pull cart, or it rides behind me on the power cart.

Its big, its heavy, its hard to get clubs in/out, i have to unzip a pocket to get a ball out......i'm ready for something new.

I would really enjoy full length dividers, however, i know that adds weight...is it worth the convenience for the weight to carry around?

Basically, tell me what you have, what you like, what you dislike, and if you could buy again, what you would get or look for in a new bag.

I don't have the ability to try these things out. I have seen some bags i like in stores, they feel good to carry around the store, but they're empty, i don't get to actually use them. I feel most of you guys are real about the pro's/cons of equipment and hopefully this can push me in the right direction.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Ogio makes good bags IMHO. I'm using a Vaporlite, my boy just moved out of another Ogio (stand broke, but he's tough on bags). The more room/pockets you have, the more weight you have to carry.

I'm thinking about moving into my old leather MacKenzie carry bag this year.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Callaway Warbird Hot! Weighs around 5lbs and has a six way divider on top for the irons, a putter well and an additional 4 dividers that I use for woods/hybrids. Also has 2 pockets on each side, valuables pocket, water bottle pocket and one big enough for a coat. There is a magnetic pocket in the front that makes for easy access to tees and balls. Overall a good bag that I got new last year for $99 shipped from golfsmith.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
If you want light, and full length... Get the Sun Mount FOUR 5. It's 4.5lbs, full length dividers, and plenty of room for everything else without having to unzip, untangle, etc.

Bad thing is, it's expensive for the most part, but worth it. Sun Mtn makes some quality stuff.

I have a Mizuno aerolight bag that aint bag. The legs suck on it though, to me atleast... When I walk, I just push cart. I have a 2010 Sun Mtn C130 that is quite honestly, the best bag I've ever had.

I LOVE full length dividers. I think they are well worth it. Saves my grips, keeps things from getting tangled together.

I like one pocket to put my phone/wallet/keys and I keep some tape for my fingers, and some advil and whatever else.. Some coins, ball markets, crap like that. Another pocket for my balls for the round. Generally swap out around 3-4 balls a rounds. Depends on losing them or tearing them up.. My divot tool, 4 tee's and thats it.

Look more into the straps, and the legs. I think they are the biggest fault of most bags.. Beyond that.. They are all similar.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
I've got two bags I use, both are superb. The first is a big ass cart bag, with room for umbrellas, two changes of clothing, a shotgun and a 7 course meal in case I need a snack. The other will carry about 9 clubs and mebbe a dozen balls, some tees and a glove. Both have their place. Both are Ogio, with the Woode top. No complaints about either.

shep3470

Apr 5, 2009
Omaha, NE
Ping Hoofer bags are by far the best I have used. Light (well, depends on how much stuff you stuff in it) and confortable to carry.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Look more into the straps, and the legs. I think they are the biggest fault of most bags.. Beyond that.. They are all similar.

Yes!! A great bag is a POS if the legs and straps are crap. That's mainly why I will stay away from Ogio, had issues with the straps and from datrek-had issues with the legs.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Sun Mountain Four Five. End search now. TGW has them on sale for $165 until Sunday. I'm ordering mine tomorrow. It's the best stand bag available with 14 dividers.

If you want one of the superlite bags you'll need to sacrifice some space and the dividers.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Sweet, thanks for the input guys.

I think i will pick up that SM Four5 bag too so long as no one has any objections about the straps/stand system....i would imagine for that kind of money it should be top notch, but who knows.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Damn TGW has some quick shipping.

I placed the order at approx 11 AM yesterday, tracking shows that it was picked up at 7:30 last night, and it will be delivered tomorrow...

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
You'll have to let us know how good the bag is Clark, I'm in the market for a new one soon and it sounds like this is what I'm after...

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Will do once i get a chance to get out on the course...i'll get up a full review for everyone.

Between house projects, bathroom remodel, replacing old crappy interior doors with some oak 6 panel's, and some friends of mine moving, i haven't had a chance to even hit the course yet...

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Should've waited...

I get an email from TGW today that anything over $99 is free shipping....and the prices on the bags are still 15% off...

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.