• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stand up if you clean your clubs!

Do you clean your golf clubs?

• Yes! I'd eat off my wedge.

Votes: 41 85.4%
  • No! But it looks like I just hit a burger with my wedge, now that you mention it..

Votes: 7 14.6%

• Total voters
OP
SilverUberXeno

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I let mine sit in a bucket with a little dishsoap for about fifteen minutes, then rinse and hit them all around with a nail-brush. Works like a charm. I can just stare at my beauties all day :)

kow_ciller

Master of the 3-putt
Mar 3, 2005
I usually do a full clean around once a week, but won't really bother cleaning them during a round, etc.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Wipe'em down after shots and keep the grooves clean/clear. They don't get a full cleaning but maybe once/twice a month.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Try to clean my clubs each time I change the oil on my truck. Flipping burgers!!!!! Got to love that. Should do it more often.

kwcsports

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2006
The grooves being clean is the only thing I give a s**t about. Other than that, they can be caked in mud.:laugh:

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
Between a two sided groove brush (one side brass bristles and the other side plastic) and a wet towel, I clean them after each shot. I rarely make a separate point of cleaning them at home, because they just don't need it.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Try to keep them as clean as possible on the cousre....Most of the time.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Like others have said, I clean mine after each shot with a brush,(hanging on the bag), and a towel. Well, ok, most of the time, after a bad shot I may not clean it, but I'll go back a couple of holes later and clean it. And after a messy day, I'll go back over them once I get home. But then again, I keep my truck clean as well so I guess it's just a over all habit.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I don't want the insides of my iron headcovers to get dirty, so I wipe the heads off after each shot.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Given the option, I am probably closer to a no than a yes. I just try and make sure the grooves are clean. I could care less about the rest.

Although I do have a club and ball cleaner at home that I picked up at Golfsmith and use it maybe once every 5 rounds. Which in the heart of the summer is around once a week. So I likely clean them more than many who said they would eat off them.

Just like they have a guy that cleans clubs as you come off our course. Personally I reject this service as I find a wet towel just seems to pack the dirt in the groove and makes it harder to get it out before a shot. Not to mention the fact I have iron covers, so every club is covered but my wedges, so it would take forever. To me it seems just using a dry towel after a shot and a golf tee if I see dirt in the grooves prior to a shot is adequate enough until I get a chance to use brushes at home.

niblick

Jun 13, 2007
Groove brush and a towel keep them clean enough during the course of a round. Pretty rare that they go in the sink. The wife hates that. :)

JamesR

Interlocking Now
Sep 25, 2005
Im pretty OCD with my clubs. I scrub each club with toothpaste and an old toothbrush, it shines and removes the rangeball residue. Through all of this my bedroom remains a huge mess

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I clean mine before I go play, usually the night before. I also never have dirt in the grooves. I carry a groove cleaner on my bag and hit the grooves before every shot. Hey, I'll admit I'm a little anal about my clubs but I don't have a nice car to wash... my clubs are the nicest thing I own.
icon10.gif

Well wonders never cease I'm 100% with you on this one Ez mate. ;)

Although I'm making it my new years resolution to stop hoing clubs and to start saving up for a decent car. I'm after a Impreza or Evo so no hoing and much saving to be done and thats just to cover the insurance!!!

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
My Impreza got to 2000 quid a year to insure, and I am over 40 and it was garaged in a decent postcode, its just got silly, so I sold it (it was heavily modified though)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.