• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stargate Universe

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
I just started here last night with a double bill and I was wondering what you think of it as I presume you are well ahead of us backward UK folk. I think there is potential for it but it seems like a rather slow starter and I'm hoping it picks up.

I'm also wondering how they are going to avoid turning it into Star Trek Voyager as it seems to have an identical basic storyline.

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
I will not be watching it. There is no way that it can match the original series Stargate SG1 or even the bad spinoff of that, Stargate Atlantis. It sounds too much like what you said about being a cheap ripoff of Star Trek Voyager as well as a little bit of Battlestar Galactica thrown in.

OP
EnglishGolfer

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
I will not be watching it. There is no way that it can match the original series Stargate SG1 or even the bad spinoff of that, Stargate Atlantis.

Actually although the 1st series of Atlantis was rubbish, I thought it became quite good. Robert Carlyle is a very good actor and his opinions on the show seem very genuine (maybe coz he's such a good actor lol), so I'm going to give it a chance but only for a couple more shows.

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
Did you ever see the movie "Ravenous" with Robert Carlyle and Guy Pierce? That one's a hoot. Carlyle is good. I've never watched any of the Stargate series which is weird, because I like science fiction.

Kevin

OP
EnglishGolfer

EnglishGolfer

Talks a good game
Oct 3, 2005
Did you ever see the movie "Ravenous" with Robert Carlyle and Guy Pierce? That one's a hoot. Carlyle is good. ....

Kevin

I'm afraid that one has evaded my radar. I liked him in 51st state with Samuel L Jackson.

🔥 Latest posts