• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Start to finish....Your pre-shot routine.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Sorry you feel so inadequate when you read my posts. I can tell it really bothers you.

Each one of those things is an accurate description of my game. Why does it bother you so????

Get over it, you seem really petty here.

Doesn't bother me 1 bit, does my calling you out on it bother you?
Usually it's the ones who are always proclaiming to be so great, that actually suck.

Just calling it like I see it, & your own postings are all I need to make an informed opinion.

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
I'm relatively new to this golf forum thing here. I can tell by the post counts of a couple of you that you spend alot more time on the internet than you do on the golf course. What is the protocall here? Do I now go back and search thru Wigolfers posts so I can cut and paste some stuff to try and bring him down? Is that how this site works? Perhaps I should now go serarch for any threads that Wi posts in so I can hijack them and turn them into stupid arguments. F-it.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I'm relatively new to this golf forum thing here. I can tell by the post counts of a couple of you that you spend alot more time on the internet than you do on the golf course. What is the protocall here? Do I now go back and search thru Wigolfers posts so I can cut and paste some stuff to try and bring him down? Is that how this site works? Perhaps I should now go serarch for any threads that Wi posts in so I can hijack them and turn them into stupid arguments. F-it.

Nope. I would advise against this. I've nipped this in the bud. Wi and you have both been warned, no specialty treatment here.

Should you care to continue with it, it's your choice. However, you will be put into purgatory. I promise you (and anyone else for that matter) that.

End of story.

Now, let's carry on with the pre-shot routines, shall we? :)

R35

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Warned for what. I started a thread about pre-shot routines. For that I got a bunch of mindless attacks from this jerk and had the thread that I started hijacked. Whatever.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Warned for what. I started a thread about pre-shot routines. For that I got a bunch of mindless attacks from this jerk and had the thread that I started hijacked. Whatever.

If you feel slighted, that's too bad. I can't change what's been done. But I can stop it from continuing.

It takes a bigger man to walk away from it than to continue to badger about it.

The choice is yours.

Forum rules are pretty slack, we do our best to stop stuff from esclating rather than just flat out banning people. Shop around, you won't find that anywhere else, i assure you. :)

R35

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007

Fisher, "What we have here, is a failure to communicate". We have a fairly small Forum here, but we all get along great. You are MORE than welcome to join in and become a part of the community. But when one of the Admin's tells you to cease and desist, you are advised to do so. Wi is a respected member of this group, and you too can be in time.

As far as getting your thread hi-jacked, get used to that, ;). We even have out very own Queen of hi-jacking, Claire, :thumbs up:

OP
F

fisher

Nov 16, 2008
Um for the record I wasn't the one hyjacking threads, making insults and so forth.

Now that that complete buzzkill is delt with anybody else want to share their pre-shot routine?:real angry:

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Take it easy Fisher. Wi's just messing with you. Like Mddubya said, we have a pretty small group here. You'll find it's a lot different than other golf forums since we are pretty humble. There are guys here that have never broke 100 and others that'd bury you by 12 strokes on an off day. We're just here to help each other out, talk golf and bust each other's nuts.

Back on topic. Preshot routines are great but I find I have a hard time sticking to them. Especially when I've got a sidehill or downhill lie. That's when I'll switch up and take a few practice swings. Try to find the weight distribution, spine angle and bottom of swing arc I want. I also talk to myself a lot out there.
icon10.gif
"downhill lie is going to deloft it, 8 should get it there, stay down and through it". That type of stuff.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I don't have a pre shot routine for anything beyond my driver. I find that it's hard to stay over the ball in certain situations that might require a different stance or a tougher shot.

I will agree that routine and repeatability is the substance of success in this stupid game, but so far, this system has worked for me.

My brother has an awesome pre-shot. Drops the cigarette and rips the snot out of it - with any club. It never works. He did hit a deer in the ass off the teebox once - called his shot! :biglol:

R35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Back on topic. Preshot routines are great but I find I have a hard time sticking to them. Especially when I've got a sidehill or downhill lie. That's when I'll switch up and take a few practice swings. Try to find the weight distribution, spine angle and bottom of swing arc I want.

Bingo.

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online