• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Started a new diet, again.......

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I've seen a fair few despairing weight loss threads on golf discussion forums over the times. From a personal standpoint, over the last 2 or 3 years slowly but surely excess weight crept on. I'd go to the gym sorta in fits & starts during that time but nothing seemed to work and I wasn't happy about it.

Then I got into cycling around September last year and the weight started to fall off. It is a seriously good weight loss activity as well as being a ton of fun.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
I believe it takes a lifestyle change, but nothing drastic. Look for a pound or 3 a month, and eventually you look like a new man in the mirror. Don't get caught up in a time table.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I believe it takes a lifestyle change, but nothing drastic. Look for a pound or 3 a month, and eventually you look like a new man in the mirror. Don't get caught up in a time table.

Yep, I agree.

Before taking up cycling, I had a gym weights program which I never looked forward to doing. I hated the thought of dragging my tired body to the gym after a day at work and then battling with others for a spot on a weights machine. I also would go to a spin class which most times bored me.

Now, I do a Park Run of 5kms most Saturday mornings. I cycle to work 1 - 2 days a week (16km round trip). Then some weekends, I'll go on a road cycle with some buddies of 40-50kms (usually broken in half by a nice coffee and/or breakfast stop). For the first time in a long time, I've found something that's enjoyable and works.

I haven't bothered to renew the gym membership.

10494850_10152493906112103_6666117974345331727_n.jpg

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Yep, I agree.

Before taking up cycling, I had a gym weights program which I never looked forward to doing. I hated the thought of dragging my tired body to the gym after a day at work and then battling with others for a spot on a weights machine. I also would go to a spin class which most times bored me.

Now, I do a Park Run of 5kms most Saturday mornings. I cycle to work 1 - 2 days a week (16km round trip). Then some weekends, I'll go on a road cycle with some buddies of 40-50kms (usually broken in half by a nice coffee and/or breakfast stop). For the first time in a long time, I've found something that's enjoyable and works.

I haven't bothered to renew the gym membership.
One of those Lycra fellas who ride 1km to the coffee shop for a 2 hour catch up with other Lycra wearing friends..
Sounds fun.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
One of those Lycra fellas who ride 1km to the coffee shop for a 2 hour catch up with other Lycra wearing friends..
Sounds fun.

Yeah, I took this shot of my buddies on our last ride. I really like catching up with them. :ninja:

1Women_on_Bikes.jpg

MattyB

Not a sheep shagger.
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2012
Country
New Zealand New Zealand
When reality hits you though...

ImageUploadedByShot Talk1403676008.366282.jpg

🔥 Latest posts