• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Started a new diet, again.......

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Only eating 1700-1800 calories daily, cut out a lot of my beer intake and ride my single speed for at least 30 minutes a day. Basically a lifestyle change.
That doesn't seem like a lot of calories. What do you eat in a typical day?

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
United States United States
That doesn't seem like a lot of calories. What do you eat in a typical day?
A Muscle Milk protein shake for breakfast (300-400calories). Another for lunch or a turkey sandwich (300-400 calories). And a regular dinner (800-900 calories). I drink a ton of water and do my bike ride and Waboom, the weight is coming off. If I'm going to have a few beers I plan my day accordingly. :D

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
United States United States
A Muscle Milk protein shake for breakfast (300-400calories). Another for lunch or a turkey sandwich (300-400 calories). And a regular dinner (800-900 calories). I drink a ton of water and do my bike ride and Waboom, the weight is coming off. If I'm going to have a few beers I plan my day accordingly. :D
Pretty much like Michael Phelps diet.

phelps-diet.jpg

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I'm down to 185 from 203 in July. I had a gall bladder attack and it was a bit of an eye opener.

Strict diet - no fast food, no pop, very little sweets. (I have never been a sweet tooth guy, so that helps. I rarely eat dessert.)

I eat so much salad now, I might buy stock in a lettuce producer. But, I eat it with lean cuts, almost no butter. I also supplement it with unsalted pecans and almonds.

There are all kinds of awesome veggies to act as filler. Asparagus, edamame beans, green beans, etc. I pound that shit back like there';s no tomorrow.

And beer. I am down to less than a beer a week, at best. It's hard, but it's so many calories that are just flat out worthless.

I'm also rowing consistently on my rowing machine. I sold my bike several years ago, but it's on the radar for the spring to get a new one and get out there again. I used to race XC back in the day, and I could ride for 20 hours straight.

The results are there. Dieting is pretty simple. Output must exceed inputs.

R35

Members online

No members online now.