• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Started a new diet, again.......

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Dieting is pretty simple indeed. You can eat wonderfully without exceeding on calories. Just lowering your carb intake and cutting it out to 30% is plenty to make you lose weight as a start up

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
I'm not having too much trouble with the diet. It's the lack of exercise that is hurting me. I have to be motivated to exercise, because, well, exercise sucks.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I'm not having too much trouble with the diet. It's the lack of exercise that is hurting me. I have to be motivated to exercise, because, well, exercise sucks.

I row in front of the TV. Hell, if I'm going to be sitting there anyways, might as well be losing some weight.

R35

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I saw a documentary recently about the 5:2 diet. In brief, two days of fasting each week. Apparently the body reacts favourably to fasting. Also, exercise is to include 3 minutes of intense effort. Anybody heard of the 5:2 diet?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I saw a documentary recently about the 5:2 diet. In brief, two days of fasting each week. Apparently the body reacts favourably to fasting. Also, exercise is to include 3 minutes of intense effort. Anybody heard of the 5:2 diet?

I asked my doc about this.

Turns out, fasting creates the same effect as eating smaller meals several times a day without creating a "starvation" effect in the body. Basically, smaller meals elicit a better fat burn without the stress on your organs.

Another thing that was mentioned was water intake. You need to really pour H2O into your body. It helps with that hunger feeling and helps shed the pounds at the same time with zero caloric intake. Win/Win.

I piss about 47 times a day now that I am crushing water like it's going out of style. But it balances my hunger so I can eat less and more balanced without needing to supplement with "quick snacks" which are inevitably high in calories and not good for you.

Something that shocked me was looking at some fast food joint menus and nutritional information. A big mac, for example, is like 540 calories. But a large fries, which always accompanies it, is 560 calories. That seems utterly ridiculous that two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seeded bun could be out worked by "fries".

F-me, deep fried food should be outlawed - but GAWDDAMN, is it tasty.

R35

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I might look into a rowing machine. I love walking but it's hard to motivate yourself to walk when it's 10* and the sidewalks are covered in snow/ice.

I've thought of an except code bike too or a treadmill...

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006

Turns out, fasting creates the same effect as eating smaller meals several times a day without creating a "starvation" effect in the body. Basically, smaller meals elicit a better fat burn without the stress on your organs.

Another thing that was mentioned was water intake. You need to really pour H2O into your body. It helps with that hunger feeling and helps shed the pounds at the same time with zero caloric intake. Win/Win.

I piss about 47 times a day now that I am crushing water like it's going out of style. But it balances my hunger so I can eat less and more balanced without needing to supplement with "quick snacks" which are inevitably high in calories and not good for you.

Something that shocked me was looking at some fast food joint menus and nutritional information. A big mac, for example, is like 540 calories. But a large fries, which always accompanies it, is 560 calories. That seems utterly ridiculous that two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seeded bun could be out worked by "fries".

R35
I love the McChicken and they are only $1. The thing I love most though is the $1 unsweetened ice tea. Can't beat that price, if you go to a convenience store it's an easy $2 for a beverage.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I might look into a rowing machine. I love walking but it's hard to motivate yourself to walk when it's 10* and the sidewalks are covered in snow/ice.

I've thought of an except code bike too or a treadmill...
Jim, I can wholeheartedly recommend cycling. Getting a bike has more versatility than just running or walking. Going for a ride is a fun journey. The exercise benefits are a value add.

I have two bicycles now. A road bike and a flat bar commuter. Both perform distinct roles and I wouldn't get rid of either. Perhaps you could think of a flat bar commuter (eg Specialized Sirrus). It's a very versatile bike.

Last edited:

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007

R35

The real difference is the multimeal doesn't spike insulin levels which, on a positive nitrogen state, avoids the glucose take up and fat storage which is exactly what "makes you fat"

The water part is true as well. Dehydratation is confused with hunger (our body is not very good at making the difference) so by taking water you avoid taking additional calories from food you don't really need

It's not even about the calorie intake but where does it come from. For example, a tuna steak 150g can easily pack 45g of protein which means roughly 200 calories. A snickers bar is about the same, but the protein absorption and metabolism of the tuna fish is quite different from the chocolate bar and won't end up in your "thighs" hehehe

There is another and much more practical way for losing weight without cardio, which is doing weight training. More muscle immediately means more calorie deployment to keep it working. It might not help your heart or your overall cardiovascular state but regarding weight lose there is no better way

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
cardio is so bloody boring

Yep, but it is so bloody good for you. That part sorta outweighs the suck of it.

I just watched the 4th quarter of a football game, rowing the entire time. It's amazing if you just get in a rhythm and just go without thinking about it.

slide7.jpg

This is the rower I have. The wife loves it too.

R35

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Yep, but it is so bloody good for you. That part sorta outweighs the suck of it.

I just watched the 4th quarter of a football game, rowing the entire time. It's amazing if you just get in a rhythm and just go without thinking about it.

slide7.jpg

This is the rower I have. The wife loves it too.

R35
Yeah, I understand that the rowing machine is excellent cardio. But unfortunately it bores me to tears.

🔥 Latest posts