• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Started a new diet, again.......

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Put on my driving suit Saturday for the 1st time in 4 months and the darn thing had shrunk!! I could barely get it zipped and when I finally did, I looked like a giant blue sausage. Climbing into the Porsche through the roll cage left me panting for breath. No wonder most race drivers are built like beanpoles, Tony Stewart being a rare exception.

So I started a new diet. I've got to go from 208 to 160. That's good for about 4 more HP equivalent. I found a free ap called Lose It! and started counting the calories Saturday afternoon. I get 1500 calories a day. :(

Who else is in?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Put on my driving suit Saturday for the 1st time in 4 months and the darn thing had shrunk!! I could barely get it zipped and when I finally did, I looked like a giant blue sausage. Climbing into the Porsche through the roll cage left me panting for breath. No wonder most race drivers are built like beanpoles, Tony Stewart being a rare exception.

So I started a new diet. I've got to go from 208 to 160. That's good for about 4 more HP equivalent. I found a free ap called Lose It! and started counting the calories Saturday afternoon. I get 1500 calories a day. :(

Who else is in?
Blue sausage? Any pics? I'm not in. I'd just buy a bigger driving suit.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I'm already up to a large; I absolutely refuse to buy a X-Large.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Watching the prep for the NASCAR race yesterday, and most of those guys are skinny and limber. In car view of them getting into the car showed them being very careful of their gonads on the steering column. Even with the removable wheel, that column is VERY close. I'd be a eunuch by the 2nd race.

We have lots of tall skinny guys in Porsche Club and some of them have opted for the PDK transmissions just because they don't have enough room to raise their left legs to put their foot on the clutch pedal. And Porsche seems to be doing away with conventional manual gearboxes. :(

Watch this video for some fun shifting with the PDK. This is the mechanic who just did the setup on my old 911. I can't drive like this........

Video: Road America PCA 2013 Qualifying | Autometrics Motorsports

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Watching the prep for the NASCAR race yesterday, and most of those guys are skinny and limber. In car view of them getting into the car showed them being very careful of their gonads on the steering column. Even with the removable wheel, that column is VERY close. I'd be a eunuch by the 2nd race.

We have lots of tall skinny guys in Porsche Club and some of them have opted for the PDK transmissions just because they don't have enough room to raise their left legs to put their foot on the clutch pedal. And Porsche seems to be doing away with conventional manual gearboxes. :(

Watch this video for some fun shifting with the PDK. This is the mechanic who just did the setup on my old 911. I can't drive like this........

Loved the video!!! What a run! Give me a 12-pack of Bud and a Silverado with a 4" lift kit and I got that!!!!:D

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
There was a time when Nascar's vehicle weight didn't include driver. That is why all the drivers were on the small side.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Loved the video!!! What a run! Give me a 12-pack of Bud and a Silverado with a 4" lift kit and I got that!!!!:D

Boy can drive, can't he?

BTW, somebody did have a Tacoma PU at the HPDE this past weekend. It was lowered and had some big ass tires on it, but it was in a different run group than me, so I didn't see how it did.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country

6'2" and currently at 246 lbs here, keep telling myself i'm going to drop 30 lbs and I can do that easily when I want, just don't want to right now.

You ever driven on Road America? I have done a couple track days on my bike there and it's a great track, way better than the crappy little ones like Blackhawk or Joliet and it's a lot more fun and not as scary as Daytona.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
6'2" and currently at 246 lbs here, keep telling myself i'm going to drop 30 lbs and I can do that easily when I want, just don't want to right now.

You ever driven on Road America? I have done a couple track days on my bike there and it's a great track, way better than the crappy little ones like Blackhawk or Joliet and it's a lot more fun and not as scary as Daytona.

Road America is in Wisconsin, right? No, I can't get that far, due to my stupid work schedule. Maybe one day. So far I have driven Roebling Road in Savannah, Road Atlanta in Braselton, Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw, Atlanta Motorsports Park in Dawsonville, Virginia International Raceway in Danville, and Sebring in.......Sebring. Hoping to add Barber and Daytona to that list soon.

Diet is working: down 1.6 lbs.

🔥 Latest posts