• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Starter Etiquette

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
It's not just unethical. You are a thief. Plain and simple. Nothing more to add.

Agreed. 295, you're ridiculous if you're honestly telling Fisher, "How dare you!" about wanting to be paired with a group he can enjoy when you're lying to the course to make sure you get the very same thing when you want it. If your course is that busy, and you don't like it, play golf somewhere else. I rarely ever play on the weekend because I don't like that nonsense, but I'm not about to go lying to the pro shop. If they want to know how to bring me out on the weekend, I'll tell them, but I don't think their business model is failing them at the present.

I'm in the minority here, I guess, in that I don't ever feel like running around a golf course. I have no problem playing a 4 hr round as a twosome. I honestly don't know HOW you guys can play as a foursome and get around in under 3 hours. Are you not holing out putts? Of course, I've got no problem letting anyone play through, and I make an effort to play when there's nobody id be interfering with. It's curious to me though that people pay such large amounts of money to go rush around a golf course. It's like driving to the grand canyon, snapping three pictures, and leaving. No time no time no time!

I like the way I play, but I respect other people's desires and do my best to let them play the way they want to play as well.

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
I'm in the minority here, I guess, in that I don't ever feel like running around a golf course. I have no problem playing a 4 hr round as a twosome. I honestly don't know HOW you guys can play as a foursome and get around in under 3 hours. Are you not holing out putts?
The key is to walk fast and have everyone on board to walk quickly and not mess around on the way to your ball. Playing ready golf also speeds play. Especially on the tee box.

That, or play in carts with nobody ahead of you.

But a group of walkers can play fast without rushing. Slow down for each and every shot. Get in the moment. But between shots, you just have to walk semi-briskly to your ball and your average time/round plummets.

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
The real thing is the perceived amount of time it takes to play. If I have a long ride or walk between tee boxes and it takes me 4 1/2 hours to play it's not a big deal to me. Standing beside my ball ready to play and not being able to hit it is a big deal.

295yards

May 5, 2009
Agreed. 295, you're ridiculous if you're honestly telling Fisher, "How dare you!" about wanting to be paired with a group he can enjoy when you're lying to the course to make sure you get the very same thing when you want it. If your course is that busy, and you don't like it, play golf somewhere else. I rarely ever play on the weekend because I don't like that nonsense, but I'm not about to go lying to the pro shop. If they want to know how to bring me out on the weekend, I'll tell them, but I don't think their business model is failing them at the present.

I'm in the minority here, I guess, in that I don't ever feel like running around a golf course. I have no problem playing a 4 hr round as a twosome. I honestly don't know HOW you guys can play as a foursome and get around in under 3 hours. Are you not holing out putts? Of course, I've got no problem letting anyone play through, and I make an effort to play when there's nobody id be interfering with. It's curious to me though that people pay such large amounts of money to go rush around a golf course. It's like driving to the grand canyon, snapping three pictures, and leaving. No time no time no time!

I like the way I play, but I respect other people's desires and do my best to let them play the way they want to play as well.

My issue with Fischer was him not wanting to play with someone because of a handicap rating.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Oh brother, how did something that started as a <strike>bland</strike> thread take such a downward spiral? :confused:

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
You are a thief.

You are an *******!

What's your basis for calling him that? His basis for calling you a thief is strongly suggesting to a golf course that you will be providing them with X dollars of business while knowing all along in your head that there is NO chance of this happening, and doing so in an effort to avoid having to play with other people.

Fischer was also musing about a way to avoid playing with other people in certain situations, but never suggested making the course pay for it. He was never very DEMANDING about being paired with people of similar ability, either. Seemed more like a brainstorm as to how he could get what he wanted (which he is entitled to for $100 a round) without anybody else having to make a sacrifice.

There may very well be an "*******" here, but it isn't him. Fischer isn't saying that he shouldn't have to lower himself by playing with certain people. His intentions are purely to play his round of golf in a certain amount of time. He was a little wayward in thinking that pace of play was directly related to handicap, but it's not so outrageous a thought. Less shots = less time in most cases, I'd imagine.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
fisher and 295yards should be forced to play a 72 hole stroke play tourney.

winner would be whoever was still alive at the end.

295yards

May 5, 2009
What's your basis for calling him that? His basis for calling you a thief is strongly suggesting to a golf course that you will be providing them with X dollars of business while knowing all along in your head that there is NO chance of this happening, and doing so in an effort to avoid having to play with other people.

Fischer was also musing about a way to avoid playing with other people in certain situations, but never suggested making the course pay for it. He was never very DEMANDING about being paired with people of similar ability, either. Seemed more like a brainstorm as to how he could get what he wanted (which he is entitled to for $100 a round) without anybody else having to make a sacrifice.

There may very well be an "*******" here, but it isn't him. Fischer isn't saying that he shouldn't have to lower himself by playing with certain people. His intentions are purely to play his round of golf in a certain amount of time. He was a little wayward in thinking that pace of play was directly related to handicap, but it's not so outrageous a thought. Less shots = less time in most cases, I'd imagine.

The deal with fischer has been solved long ago and you're hashing at nothing pal, so backpeddle and get off it already.
As far as my choice words, they were well warranted.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
The deal with fischer has been solved long ago and you're hashing at nothing pal, so backpeddle and get off it already.
As far as my choice words, they were well warranted.

You're worse than a hypocrite, but think whatever helps you sleep at night. I have a feeling that anyone reading this thread has the right idea about you.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Three pages and there hasn't been one single word about Tiger? :D

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Tiger might be an *******, but he's at least an honest one. ;)

🔥 Latest posts