• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Starting to like Hybrids

cyberious

Planet Love Tron
Feb 19, 2005
So I played my first real round with a hybrid (2 Iron replacement in this case). I gotta say it sure is easy to hit. I can work it just as well as the iron it replaced and actually hit it a little further. So I'm actually considering getting a 3 and 4 iron replacement in the bag. Even when I hit the ugly thing poorly it still was a good shot. I've always been happy with my iron play and love my 1 iron but am finding that these things are really nice. Damn they're ugly though.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I have the TM RM 24 and its a joy. I hit about 5-6 shots with it today and just love it.

Almost holed a greenside bumper from about 25 feet off the green today at 18. Take your putting grip, stance and stroke. Its a breeze....

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The thought of hitting a hybrid made me wanna barf about 2 months ago. Then, I started toying with the idea of building one. No sooner had I thrown that idea out the window and came back to reality that I got a Mizuno Hi Fli delivered to my house.

I now have a replacement for my 3 iron, hands down. Why struggle when you can gingerly snap one out there about 230 with no effort at all?

I am a born again hybrid lover, that's forsure.

R35

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
rockford35 said:
Then, I started toying with the idea of building one.

Funny you should say that, 'cause that's just what I did.

I have been just nailing my irons, and love hitting them all, down to the 4. The 3 is OK too, but unlike my other irons I hit my 3 with a pretty low trajectory, which is fine in a wind, and gives it a bunch of run, but not if I want a high, soft shot around 200-210.

I am also having some issues with my woods right now, particularly my driver. So I was screwing around, building a shorter driver, and couldn't get it right. To make a long story short, I had a mid kick Aldila One left over, and didn't want to waste it. So I bought a 19* snake eyes quick strike II from golfsmith. I left the shaft long, at 44", and took it out.

I am in love. Long, high center hits that land very softly. I can hit it straight as an arrow, or work a draw. I hit it yesterday about 210 into a stiff breeze. I think I can get 225 out of it with no wind.

I am thinking about getting the 22* and cutting the shaft to 42". Goodbye perfect club!

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
I have the TM RM 3 iron replacement and it's great. I'm actually thinking of adding a second one to the bag, there just so easy to hit.

AMcNeel

Awesome
Feb 23, 2005
There's actually a company that makes a full hybrid set of irons 3-pw all hybrids. . .kinda funky, and the hogan hybrid seems to sell the best, i haven't hit it yet but people seem to love it.

mediaguru

Feb 13, 2005
I have the Hogan 2 hybrid. It is 19 degrees. It can go for me anywhere from 200-260. It goes about as high as a 5 or 6 iron, but flys much farther. It goes even higher for me the more toward the middle of my stance. It is a great club. The hardest part was figuring out WHERE to put it in my stance. I played it like a 3W but that was wrong. More toward the middle.

But some rounds I just need to have a 2 or 3 iron in the bag. I can't hit those low stingers with the hybrid. Or at least I haven't tried.

Members online

No members online now.