• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Steel shafted hybrids?

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
I hit some steel shafted Cobra hybrids a few weeks ago that were just stupid easy to hit. I'm having consistency troubles with my graphite shafted Nickents right now and I'm considering pulling the V2 shafts and replacing them with steel.

Any thoughts? Which steel shaft, without getting too pricey? My iron have Dynalite Gold.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I tossed Dynamic Golds in my TM Rescue Mids and it totally transformed them. I play Dynalite Golds in my irons too.

I recently picked up a set of Nickent 3DX DC Ironwoods which I like a lot. They have Proforce V2s also. So far I am getting along with them very well. I love the heads but if I decide I don't like the shafts I will probably toss some FST Pro Whites I have stockpiled in them. I put these shafts in a set of XP905 Pro irons I built for a friend and they are really smooth.

Eerily similar, huh? :laugh:

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
I think the Cobras have Nippon steel shafts. GREAT shaft!! But, just as with a graphite shaft, you have to try them. If they work...

Had a Callaway hybrid with the Unisteel shaft that I hated. Hook machine and would send shock waves up your arm that would make the hair fall out of your armpit!!!!:eek::eek:

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
The Cobra hybrids come with Nippon shafts and are sweet. I have a 2 and a 3 Cobra Baffler on the way with that shaft in them. I have a DG S300 in my Baffler 4r and I'm getting ready to swap it out for another Nippon. I let the local golf shop talk me into the S300 when my Nippon met an untimely accident involving a tree. :(

WooooHoooooo, 3,500 posts, :p

🔥 Latest posts