• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Steve Irwin RIP

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
What a crappy way to go. I used to work on a shrimp boat, and a few times we loaded up the back deck with Stingrays that were 4-5 feet across. The stingers on those suckers were needle-sharp and a foot long. I was VERY nervous getting those suckers off the boat, let me tell you.

Only 44 years old. What a drag.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
He was a pretty awesome guy. I'm an animal nut too and always have to play around with animals I probably shouldn't. I used to have a Monitor and a Python. I would frequently imitate Irwin's voice while playing around with them. Although I have cracked a few jokes about him. " Krikey, look at this fella. OOOHH he seem's a bit ornary. Maybe it's because I'm poking him in the genitals with this stick.".
icon10.gif
Irwin was one of a kind though. Some may say a little nuts but his dedication and what he did for wildlife was truly a great accomplishment. It's a shame, he will be missed and I feel for his family.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
It is sad to see him pass,he was very passionate about his work.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I couldn't believe it, even now I can't.

RIP, so sad.

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
Crikey! I will absolutely NEVER go swimming with the stingrays down in Grand Cayman now....

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Crikey! I will absolutely NEVER go swimming with the stingrays down in Grand Cayman now....

2nd Australian killed by a sting ray barb in the last 60 years.

I think things are ok.

How's your Stingray insurance? Are you covered? I can sell you some. And some meteorite insurance for your car too.

:D

R35

Jules150

Aug 29, 2006
2nd Australian killed by a sting ray barb in the last 60 years.

I think things are ok.

How's your Stingray insurance? Are you covered? I can sell you some. And some meteorite insurance for your car too.

:D

R35

if you buy comprehensive car insurance, i think your covered for meteors. I know that your covered if your car gets hit by a missile though, at court you might be able to get away with calling a metor a missile.

Mors Ab Alto

Aug 28, 2006
I find it humorous that so many people are saying "wow, I can't believe he's dead." Hell, I'm surprised he lasted this long.

"I'm going to sneek up on that there jah-goo-war and jam my thumb in 'is butt'ole. That ought to piss it off." (E. Cartman)

twogreen

Aug 7, 2006
The Animal Planet dug up a lot old tapes from the archives and aired them last night. He was quite a guy and apparently very dedicated to the conservation effort. I certainly don't see an immediate replacement for him in that respect.
It's probably small consolation to his family; but he went out doing what he loved.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
The Animal Planet dug up a lot old tapes from the archives and aired them last night. He was quite a guy and apparently very dedicated to the conservation effort. I certainly don't see an immediate replacement for him in that respect.
It's probably small consolation to his family; but he went out doing what he loved.

Like when Bing Crosby croaked after walking off the 18th green...

Sometimes the supernatural comes into play in the Cosmos...

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
Hell, I'm surprised he lasted this long.

I'm witcha.

Steve, as he's carrying a black mamba by the tail (the most DEADLY snake in the world) and it lunges for his groin....

"Oh no mate, don't bite me there."

Rock, I was exhorted by many to go swimming with the stingrays in Grand Cayman. Now I know why.

;)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Rock, I was exhorted by many to go swimming with the stingrays in Grand Cayman. Now I know why.

;)

No insurance?:D

Remember how many people snapped when he was carrying his child around in that crocodile enclosure?

Karma's a b*tch.

R35

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
The best insurance ever: just don't get in the f*cking water with 'em!

Remember how many people snapped when he was carrying his child around in that crocodile enclosure?

Mmmmm. She was with him on this adventure as well.

Ironically, I bet he was being more careful when he had her in with the croc than when he was swimming with the ray. I'm sure he thought the latter a much safer activity.

Karma indeed.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.