• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

"Stick 'em up and hand over your clubs..."

I keep wedges and putter.Would sell the wife first never mind the irons and driver.

Would sell the wife first never mind the irons and driver.
Demo, demo, demo first. Otherwise once you get on the course you can't just expect them to do what you want or go as far as you expect
:D

I would then likely help him load the rest in his car while I drool over the thought of the fact that I would finally get to replace the rest with the insurance money.

Your comment is a GREAT reminder that all need to know exactly what IS and what IS NOT covered under your homeowners policy. Many homeowner's policies have a deductable. If, the deductable is, say $500, that would mean you would have to divey up a paltry sum to replace stolen or damaged clubs. Also, many homeowner's policies limit unscheduled sporting goods. If you don't have a rider detailing each club, you may only have $1,000 max coverage. Many of us addicts have way more than that wrapped up in our bags.

Most of you have probably already thought to tailor your coverage to your bags. But, if you haven't, it might be worth a phone call to your insurance agent tomorrow to have him/her explain just what your recourse would be if your clubs came up missing.

Someday, I'd like the opportunity to take quarters out of each and every poster's pocket. I wouldn't want you to "skate" because you were using a cheap set of rental clubs!!! LOL

One of the first things I did when I started piecing together my set. Called to find out if I needed to add a rider. Fortunately I didn't with my insurance.

Even with the airlines, if you like you clubs, the cost add up and it can be a royal pain. They lost my wifes clubs last year, they cover up to $2800. It sounds like alot, but when you start adding up what's in your bag, $15 a piece on towels, Personalized Head Covers, rain gear and covers, hats, nice bag, Club Glove travel bag, etc. She had over $2800 worth of clubs and gear. That on top of the fact that she was a lefty and it took several months to get all the clubs she ordered, plus it was 6 weeks before they processed the claim. Fortunately she had her old set to use. She was able to get a new set and all the replacements with what they gave her, but certainly not something she ever wants to go through again, and it also slightly derailed her game for the entire year, which is hard to put a price on. With me though, as a righty, at the thought of getting new clubs and also having an extra set, I simply dare them.

Really though, if you travel with your clubs and starting throwing shoes and rain gear in your golf bag, you may be setting yourself up for a loss. We now put our rain gear, shoes and other expensive items in a seperate checked bag to make sure the golf bag stays under $2800 or so. I also make certain to get items like the range finder in my carry on.

One of the first things I did when I started piecing together my set. Called to find out if I needed to add a rider. Fortunately I didn't with my insurance.

Even with the airlines, if you like you clubs, the cost add up and it can be a royal pain. They lost my wifes clubs last year, they cover up to $2800. It sounds like alot, but when you start adding up what's in your bag, $15 a piece on towels, Personalized Head Covers, rain gear and covers, hats, nice bag, Club Glove travel bag, etc. She had over $2800 worth of clubs and gear. That on top of the fact that she was a lefty and it took several months to get all the clubs she ordered, plus it was 6 weeks before they processed the claim. Fortunately she had her old set to use. She was able to get a new set and all the replacements with what they gave her, but certainly not something she ever wants to go through again, and it also slightly derailed her game for the entire year, which is hard to put a price on. With me though, as a righty, at the thought of getting new clubs and also having an extra set, I simply dare them.

Really though, if you travel with your clubs and starting throwing shoes and rain gear in your golf bag, you may be setting yourself up for a loss. We now put our rain gear, shoes and other expensive items in a seperate checked bag to make sure the golf bag stays under $2800 or so. I also make certain to get items like the range finder in my carry on.
Holy Toledo! Sounds like a traveling Edwin Watts store....
icon10.gif

Holy Toledo! Sounds like a traveling Edwin Watts store....
icon10.gif
It adds up quick. I probably don't go overboard compared to some.
Ping i3+ irons - Maybe $750
LW - $100 (add 2 other custom wedges to increase this a couple $100)
Putter - $119
3 hybrids - $450
G2 Driver - $300
Bag - $150
Club Glove Travel Bag $150-180
Right there is around $2000, and probably alot less than some.
Throw in $100 for shoes, $30 for towels, $20 for a good rain cover, $20 for balls (I play cheap, make them 2 dozen Pro V1's and this is closer to $90), $20-50 for tees, ball repair tools, ball mars, $50 for headcovers. $10 for the shower curtain rod I use to protect my driver :)

You are getting pretty close to the limit. This doesn't even include the Dry Joy rain gear $300, and $300 range finder that I now pack seperately.

Again, this may shy in comparison to what some carry in their bag. Definately worth thinking about. It only takes one time to teach you to pack safely.

Thank God I'm right handed and can easily replace my clubs

Hey i bought all my clubs on ebay, the racs go retail for 800 i think but i got them for 300 online, think i could get 800 from the insurance company for them? I guess it would be fraud.

Anyway i'd keep the irons and say my hybrid is part of the set because they would cost the most.

Hey i bought all my clubs on ebay, the racs go retail for 800 i think but i got them for 300 online, think i could get 800 from the insurance company for them? I guess it would be fraud.

Anyway i'd keep the irons and say my hybrid is part of the set because they would cost the most.
Actually I doubt it would be considered fraud, as with the airlines as well as the insurance I carry, it is called replacement value. Not all insurance carriers offer replacement value, some require you specify that is what you want, which means in will usually come with a higher premium.

i'd hand over my wedges and putter....i love my wedges but i'm due for new ones anyway, and i'm sticking with the same model which are soooo cheap....and losing my putter (2nd one that'll have been stolen) would finally give me an excuse to buy a 2ball

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520

3. 15,300