• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Still a Bogey golfer

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Sigh...I'm hitting the ball straighter and longer than I ever have, wedges are OK, hitting greens, putting OK, just can't get off bogey. If I'm on in reg, 3 putt - miss the green, I get a nice chip, then miss the putt, of duff the chip & save bogey with a 20 footer. :(

Saturday- 43/47.
Today played 27 - 44/47/46.Some bad karma BS always seems to get me.

On one hole hit a tree solidly that's in the fairway 220 yards down. Ball bounced 100 yards back to me. A couple of times drive within 75 yards in the middle then effed up the wedge shot. Par 5, crap drive followed by a career 3 wood, PW on to 15 feet - then 3 putt. #80 yard par 4, drive 240 in the idle then caught a flier with my 7 iron and carried the green by 20 yards - I never hit a 7i 160. :unhappy:

I know that any day now I'll fall off the plateau and start routinely shooting mid 80's, but sheesh - now would be a good time to start.

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
United States United States
On one hole hit a tree solidly that's in the fairway 220 yards down. Ball bounced 100 yards back to me..

:p Only 100 yards back, there is your problem! now see, it's supposed to bounce all the way back to you, to take the shot over!

that's how I played one the other day...

OP
wirehair

wirehair

Apr 29, 2005
:p Only 100 yards back, there is your problem! now see, it's supposed to bounce all the way back to you, to take the shot over!

that's how I played one the other day...

It was that damn tree on the back nine par 5, way the eff down there. I hit that sucker about 20 feet up solid - KAPOW, and here it comes.

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
that one tree to the right out in the fairway... its like hitting a hole in one, only NOT.

OP
wirehair

wirehair

Apr 29, 2005
that one tree to the right out in the fairway... its like hitting a hole in one, only NOT.

I guess it's just as well that I hit the tree, remember there's a creek about 260.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
It was that damn tree on the back nine par 5, way the eff down there. I hit that sucker about 20 feet up solid - KAPOW, and here it comes.

Same here, I can hit the only damn tree on the course & it's always dead center. I never get the "members bounce" back into the fairway.

🔥 Latest posts