• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Still in L4V'E

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
You like what I did there?

I've had this driver a few months now and in the Summer conditions this stick is the Bomb. Maybe it's more to do with the switch to the BlueBoard 83X but I hit this driver better than any other I've ever owned or demo'd... which is a lot!

I've had a bad patch recently for a couple of weeks or so but the L4V has been very forgiving in this time. It clicked again last week and I'm back in the groove now. I hit from a slightly open stance extending away from my body and high straight bombs!!! We played a Texas Scramble on the weekend and on the 14th I hit a drive nearly 400 yards!!! Yes nearly 400 yards!!! (I thought about joining Bomb Squad golf) Our 14th is a Par 4 and is 412 yards long. It plays down hill and the hill gets a little steeper at 300(ish). I carried it onto the steeper down hill section and ended up about 20 yards short of the green dead centre of the fairway & yes we took my drive :)

I have ho'd a bunch of drivers as I thought maybe I'm just swinging better but the L4V is kicking there arse. I've ho'd a Titty D1 & D2, Mizzy MP600, Ping G2 & Rapture, TM R7 460 TP, MacTec Tour and they've all been sent packing. I'm keeping an FT3 Tour as my Backup but to be honest I'm not sure I need it :) but a ho is a ho.

My biggest problem now is I've become a compulsive putter ho. I ho'd a Studio Design #1 Custom shop last week, a Circa 62 #1 a few weeks ago and this week it's a JAT Prototype!!! Thats about $750 on putters in a month or so!!!

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Bastard, I bombed the Geek the other day but no where near that far, hit a par five with Driver, 7 iron though. This thing is just long, not very forgiving but who cares if I dont hit the sweet spot thats my fault and I should be punished for my lazyness.

How much have you got invested in the L4V???

acarty

Future Pro!
Oct 13, 2007
MG, what sort of swing speed you got going on there for a Blueboard X? I'm after something stiffer in my Burner TP so I'd like to compare...!

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
How much have you got invested in the L4V???

I paid £195 for the Driver and managed to pick up the shaft for a snip at £45. Installed it myself and griped it myself so stands me at £244 (grip cost £4). I think thats a bargain for the spec it is now.

MG, what sort of swing speed you got going on there for a Blueboard X? I'm after something stiffer in my Burner TP so I'd like to compare...!

To tell you the truth I have no idea? I was swinging at 105-ish last year but I've not been on a LM this season. I may blag a go at American golf tomorrow (work permiting) so I'll let you know. I'm using X100's in my irons as well and really like the feel of them also. I do have a very fast Poulter/Nick Price style tempo with a very fast/aggresive transision from back to down swing so the X seems to suit me better than Stiff. My bad shot with driver was a OTT movement and the 83gram shaft has helped eliminate that shot as well and I must admit I havn't noticed any loss of distance with my irons or driver since the switch to X but I may be just swinging better this season.

Bossman641

Jan 10, 2007
Glad to hear you're still hitting it well. I've gone through a little bit of a slump lately with mine as well. Wasn't hitting the bombs I was used to, but it has gotten better in the past week. Even a bad driving day still gives playable results. I've noticed my stance has been closing up as the year has gone on. Like you, I noticed I have my best results with a slightly open stance. Have just taken some extra time lining up to make sure I'm a little open and things are looking up again.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I hate it still, which makes me sad. I really wanted to like it.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online