• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Strange 9

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Golf gods must have known I've been thinking about cutting back on golf and perhaps discontinuing my membership after seeing my bill...

My full swing wasn't all that but I had some exciting shots. Hit an 8i to 2feet for a bird on the first par 5. Then on the 2nd par 5 I chipped in for another bird.

Fast forward to hole #7. It's a relatively long and very tight par 4 with #10 on the right and the range on the left. I blocked the piss out of my tee shot so bad it was on the 10th hole in the right rough. I had no clue on the yardage so decided to hit a massive high cut hybrid. Too much club. Now I'm on the tee box of the next GD hole. I hit my 60* to the elevated green but just short into the nasty rough on the bank. I hit my SW with a nice pitch, knowing it was a severe upslope. Perfect. Plops on the green with no spin, down the ridge and keeps rolling into the hole for par. Sickest par I think I've ever made.

More excitement on the next hole. 219 downhill and I choke down on my hybrid, hit a little cut, hits the flagstick. On the next hole I yanked a drive left into a tree not far away. Tough hole for me as that tree blocks anything started remotely left. I end up with about a 12 footer for bogey and dropped it, which felt very good.

38 with 10 putts, lol.

halifax_golfer

Jun 26, 2006
I shot a 38 a couple days ago aswell. Good round, mine wasn't dramatic like yours though. I made a nice bird putt from 40 or so feet. My chipping was pretty good, no chip ins but good enough to get the job done.

Nice Job.

gpo

Jun 2, 2008
Nothing like a chip-in for par.

I was playing on Monday. I was 5 over coming into 18. The last two times I played 18 I made bogey and double, both rounds still shot in the 70s. Hit nice drive in fairway. My 5 iron leaked left into a bunker. Sand was wet. Left the first try in the bunker. Next shot goes into the hole for par and saves my round.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Thanks guys. I need to just get a feel on the greens before my rounds. I spent just 10 minutes chipping and putting before I went off. I hit some wedges out of buried lies in the rough, getting the feel for how they would release. Helped a lot during the round.

Hoping for a good day today. Supposed to play early afternoon with my boss and another guy, probably pick up a 4th for a match. Yesterday I felt like I got my swing together near the end, had been hanging back a little, need to really get the chest/beltbuckle at the target and get through the ball. Actually felt like everything was coming together. Putting got better as I kept the putterhead lower through the stroke and sort of felt like I was pushing it with the right shoulder a tad. Need to concentrate a little more on my speed and stop getting so into the line that I overlook it. Would be great to be able to combine that short game with some good striking and take a run at something in the 70's.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Please explain?

I'm up to $456 and climbing for the month of July so far. So much for $208 a month, lol. I'll figure it out somehow.

Today the golf gods taketh away, big time. 90 with 40 putts. 21 putts on the front and 19 on the back. The only good thing I can take is that my full swing was decent and able to turn my 3W over (draw). I had high hopes after a wind aided drive left me a little pitch with a 60* on the 360yd. 1st hole. Yardage marker wise it got out around 310 with a 1yd. cut. Tee shots were good all day and hit good iron shots on the par 3's as well.

Tomorrow I might get laughed at when I break out the circa 1950 Spalding "Cash-in" putter. No way in hell I'm bagging the KC2 again after that, not for a while anyway. Plus I can switch to lefty with the Cash-in, lol.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I'm up to $456 and climbing for the month of July so far. So much for $208 a month, lol. I'll figure it out somehow.

How is that possible? I know absolutley nothing about golf memberships. Is that figure the $208 + your food & beverage bill?

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
How is that possible? I know absolutley nothing about golf memberships. Is that figure the $208 + your food & beverage bill?

That's the $208 plus the food and drinks I've purchased, plus when I put carts at $18 each on there and finally I got the range pass split up into 3 $58 payments.

On another note.... I temted the golf gods and they really got me this time. I came out of the gate with 3 straight pars then rushed an 18incher and missed it instead of marking. On the next par 5 I hit my tee shot under a tree but very manageable... I got my club stuck in the tree on my backswing and as per rules you must keep swinging... I swung and missed the GD ball!!

It continued. I hit a tee shot OB on 11. On 13 I had 150 into the wind, hit a 3/4 7i and flew the green into a pond behind it. I started clubbing way down as I was hitting irons a mile. Next hole I hit the green from 160 into the wind with 8i.

Then came the icing on the cake. 460yd. par 5. I hit the green in 2 with 3w/5W. I had a nice looking 18footer uphill R to L. I hit a tad low but good speed leaving like a foot for birdie. I sidestepped it to tap it in and pulled it. I swore like crazy and threw my ball into the woods. I'd had it at that point. Hit the next green, 152yds. par 3, with my 9i to the middle/back portion. Almost holed that putt too.

It was a round of not only what could have been but really what should have been. I struck the ball well enough to shoot in the 70's and walked off with 88.

🔥 Latest posts