• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Strange 9

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
How the heck can you have 3 birdies in 9 holes and still shoot 3 over??? Well... follow 2 of the birds with double bogeys.

2 pars, 2 bogeys, 2 doubles, and 3 birds. Sad... Especially sad when the 3 birds were in the first 4 holes. Yep... 3 under after 4 and finish the 9 at 3 over. Shuffleboard anyone????

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
agreed - 39 on 9 is really nice, but i feel your pain limp - being 3 under at 4 is really exciting, but such is life and that is golf for you!! never over until the fat lady sings her tune!!:D

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
No sympathy for anyone whining about a 39 from me!
And... at almost 66 years old... I am EXTREMELY thankful to even be able to play this game. I'll take 39's all day long. They are few and far between.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
I feel ya Limp. I've been trying to break a certain number on the course lately. I've been 1 stroke off the last two times I went out. I just can't manage to get it done. That's golf for you...keeps you coming back.

OP
limpalong

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
39/40, this morning, for a 79!! Playing waaaayyy too much golf! Only 3 of the last 12 days that I've not played at least 18. Played 27 on 3 of those 9 days. Beginning to think retirement might not be all that bad. Back to work next Monday. If I keep up this pace, I'll need to go back to work to rest.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
39/40, this morning, for a 79!! Playing waaaayyy too much golf! Only 3 of the last 12 days that I've not played at least 18. Played 27 on 3 of those 9 days. Beginning to think retirement might not be all that bad. Back to work next Monday. If I keep up this pace, I'll need to go back to work to rest.

I've played 2 rounds in the last month. I did manage to get 3 hours of range time in last Friday. That's as good as a round of golf for me...it was nice. All in all, I'm playing great though. My last two rounds I shot 70, 70. Putting at home is really paying off.

I won't mention that those two rounds were on a short par 70 track. ;)

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country

What? You've finally retired? About time. Oh. I misread and see you going back to work next week. I had a membership last year and was playing 18 every day it didn't rain for 140 18 hole rounds of golf. It almost felt like a job. But I did lower my handicap significantly. This year is back to normal (sucking). I haven't had the guts to change my handicap back up yet.

parishna

Jul 4, 2008
Ocala, FL
How about.. a front nine 34 and a back nine 43... string of 6 straight bogeys on the last 6 holes.. to super choke... really hate myself on days like this....

🔥 Latest posts