• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Strange way to end a round.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I played in a foursome today, and we kept right up with a foursome ahead of us all day. We didn't really hold up the group behind us (we played in 4:15). The guys behind us were all good players. We never had any problems with them all day. Then, on the 326 yard par-4 18th hole, we were putting out when four tee shots rained down all around us. All four of the a$$holes went for the green while we were putting!

I waited for them and asked them what the f*ck they were doing. One of the guys said, "Sorry."

I said, "Sorry?!? You guys were cool all day long, we didn't hold you up (he agreed) and then all four of you go for the green with us on it!"

They all just stared at me, and I just walked away.

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Presumably you were close to the club house, tell the people that can make a difference. I played the best nine holes of my life today, score card on its way as soon as I get the stamps.

OP
Eracer

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Presumably you were close to the club house, tell the people that can make a difference. I played the best nine holes of my life today, score card on its way as soon as I get the stamps.
Thanks man!

OP
Eracer

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I forgot to mention that today's round was possibly the worst golf I've ever played. First hole I striped a drive 240 yards down the middle, hit a perfect 7-iron to ten feet, and two-putted for an easy par. Except for my driver (which was brilliant all day) I hit maybe two other decent shots all day. All the rest were really bad. I hit flat slices (I NEVER slice anymore) and pull hooks, and tops, and chunks. I believe I lost ten balls. Aaaaarrrrggghhh...

I was laughing by the 13th hole, else I would have been crying.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
That is a strange way to end a round E. Some guys are a-holes.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Was it a blind approach shot? Maybe they couldnt tell you were still on the green.

That is really weird that they would just all of the sudden forget the rules...especially since you had no problem all day. Very weird.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Eracer, maybe you should invite Razor down for some golf and introduce him to those fine gentlemen.

OP
Eracer

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Was it a blind approach shot? Maybe they couldnt tell you were still on the green.

That is really weird that they would just all of the sudden forget the rules...especially since you had no problem all day. Very weird.
Nope, they could clearly see us on the green. I could see if maybe they were frustrated all day, but the guy agreed with me when I told him I didn't think we'd been playing slow. I don't know - it was weird.

Eracer, maybe you should invite Razor down for some golf and introduce him to those fine gentlemen.
Excellent idea! My fat ass had no business confronting those flatbellies, and if I didn't think I'd had enough of a headstart to my truck, I wouldn't have even mentioned it...

Oh who am I kidding - I can be pretty fearless (read: stupid) at times. I'm a bit surprised at the confrontations I've bluffed my way through.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Excellent idea! My fat ass had no business confronting those flatbellies, and if I didn't think I'd had enough of a headstart to my truck, I wouldn't have even mentioned it...

Oh who am I kidding - I can be pretty fearless (read: stupid) at times. I'm a bit surprised at the confrontations I've bluffed my way through.

I'll take a fearless fatass with the first shot wielding a golf club against 3 shocked flatbellies and a 4th one on the ground any day!!

Wait, how far away is the truck?

OP
Eracer

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
You lost ten balls!!! Sorry, but where were you aiming?:prop:
Damn good question! It obviously had no relation to what my eyes were looking at. I'm not the most accurate person out there, but my iron shots usually don't end up more than 10 yards off line. This round some were 50 yards off on a 150 yard shot. It was truly pathetic.

OP
Eracer

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Apparently trusting your target was NOT working for you...
I tried to maintain it as long as I could.

"Breathe....relax....focus on the target...........deeeeep breath and go!"

Then tee up or drop another ball, hitting 3, or 5, or 7.

Really quite the circus. Maybe I should change my avatar to this:

ai159.photobucket.com_albums_t135_eracer1111_Misc_20pictures_funny_2.gif

🔥 Latest posts