• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Strange way to end a round.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
I tried to maintain it as long as I could.

"Breathe....relax....focus on the target...........deeeeep breath and go!"

Then tee up or drop another ball, hitting 3, or 5, or 7.

Really quite the circus. Maybe I should change my avatar to this:

ai159.photobucket.com_albums_t135_eracer1111_Misc_20pictures_funny_2.gif

Yes, you should.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
You lost ten balls!!!

And at least one more on the 18th green.
icon10.gif
Just kidding E, it sounded funny when I said it in my head... You should have put them all in the hole on top of each other and walked off... it's an albatrocity.

OP
Eracer

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
And at least one more on the 18th green.
icon10.gif
Just kidding E, it sounded funny when I said it in my head... You should have put them all in the hole on top of each other and walked off... it's an albatrocity.
Albatrocity. The Word of the Year!

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
4 hours and 15 minutes! damn y'all are slow:D........three of us tee'd off yesterday morning at 9:30, we were done by 12:10.......18 holes. Thats no lie. Even with a fourth, we play in about 3 1/2 hours.

no need for them 4 to hit into y'all either...I would have been pissed!

OP
Eracer

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
4 hours and 15 minutes! damn y'all are slow:D........three of us tee'd off yesterday morning at 9:30, we were done by 12:10.......18 holes. Thats no lie. Even with a fourth, we play in about 3 1/2 hours.

no need for them 4 to hit into y'all either...I would have been pissed!
I agree - I think 4:15 is ridiculous. But we have to use carts, which slows it down, and there are slow people ahead of us, etc.

The one thing I can't get anyone in my regular group to understand is that it's OK for two people to play their approach shots out of order. How many times do players 15 yards ahead on the other side of the fairway wait for the player who is away to get to their ball, select a club, and hit? Waste of time. You're ready to hit? Hit!

Same thing around the green. There's no reason for you to wait for me to walk all the way around the green to hit my ball first, just because I'm away.

Match play is a different story, of course. But yeah - 4:15 is kinda' slow for a course of average length and difficulty.

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
4:15, I would have been bombing at you all day long!! Get a Bloody move on & If it's those in front of you that are slow let me through and I'll put a Rocket up there arses instead!!! :killersmiley:

OP
Eracer

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
4:15, I would have been bombing at you all day long!! Get a Bloody move on & If it's those in front of you that are slow let me through and I'll put a Rocket up there arses instead!!! :killersmiley:
You're used to a different style of golf over there. One in which there are actual golfers out on the course. One where the average tee box is not 200 yards away from the last green. One where they allow walking, and people actually do it. Shall I continue?

When I golfed in Scotland, my buddy and I (both out of shape hackers) walked courses in 3:30 with little problem. Almost impossible here, unless you really have the course to yourself.

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
Then, on the 326 yard par-4 18th hole, we were putting out when four tee shots rained down all around us. All four of the a$$holes went for the green while we were putting!

Uh, I know you had a bad day and all but I'd like to be the voice of reason here.

Your ENTIRE group was on the green putting and these guys are CARRYING it 326? Perhaps you should have stuck around to say, "Nice shots!" If they were only carrying it 290-300 and rolling them to the green from there I really don't see a problem with hitting when everyone is on the green. Nobody gets hurt from a ball rolling across the green.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Played 18 yesterday in 2 hrs 45 minutes, would have been faster but I got hung up a bit on the last 4 holes behind 2 slower kids. I did play thru 2 foursomes, 1 threesome & 1 twosome.

OP
Eracer

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Uh, I know you had a bad day and all but I'd like to be the voice of reason here.

Your ENTIRE group was on the green putting and these guys are CARRYING it 326? Perhaps you should have stuck around to say, "Nice shots!" If they were only carrying it 290-300 and rolling them to the green from there I really don't see a problem with hitting when everyone is on the green. Nobody gets hurt from a ball rolling across the green.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Perhaps I'm over-cautious, but if I even think I might have a chance of hitting a ball into someone, I wait. It's common courtesy, and has nothing to do with whether I might injure somebody. I think that if your group hits a ball and it lands within 30 yards of where I'm standing, it means you screwed up. Do it once, and I write it off as a mistake. Do it four times, and I get pissed off.

These guys were really good golfers, it was downwind (20mph) and yes, one of them carried the green, and two of the others missed by 10 yards (one flew his ball 10 yards over the green.) Maybe they teed off from the whites for that hole (279 yards). That would have made it a 250 carry, after accounting for wind. They knew they could reach the green. They hit anyway. That was rude, and dangerous.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Lol, I don't believe this, I bogeyed the first hole, duffing it all the way down, then hooked two balls into a field next hole, lost both! You twat, thats all your fault, haven't lost any ball for ages. I can't believe I was smiling to myself down the third (bogeyed that as well), thinking about a guy I have never met who lives in interweb land. I need to get out more.

OP
Eracer

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Lol, I don't believe this, I bogeyed the first hole, duffing it all the way down, then hooked two balls into a field next hole, lost both! You twat, thats all your fault, haven't lost any ball for ages. I can't believe I was smiling to myself down the third (bogeyed that as well), thinking about a guy I have never met who lives in interweb land. I need to get out more.
We must be long lost twin brothers...:laugh:

I will try my best not to lose any balls next round. I will fill my head with thoughts of Mr. Hogan. Ommmmmm....

🔥 Latest posts