• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Striking the ball solid...scoring poorly

I hear ya, been hitting the ball relatively solid myself, in fact a bit too much & I have been flying a lot of greens. For some reason I have gained 10+ yards with all my irons this year compared to last fall.

Ditto. I gained about 1 club length a few months ago.. Started having to club back a little, and get used to my new yardages.. Same clubs, same swing I think, but the ball is just jumping from my clubs. My 4-8 iron have gotten WAY longer, my 9 and PW, not so much... When I started, my 200 yard club was a 3-wood, or maybe a hard 18* hybrid... Now, when it's 200 yards, I can hit a good solid 4 iron. Insane what hitting the middle of the face does!

Just pisses you off when you hit it so damn good, and your left with a massive putt or chip to save par.

Ditto. I gained about 1 club length a few months ago.. Started having to club back a little, and get used to my new yardages.. Same clubs, same swing I think, but the ball is just jumping from my clubs. My 4-8 iron have gotten WAY longer, my 9 and PW, not so much... When I started, my 200 yard club was a 3-wood, or maybe a hard 18* hybrid... Now, when it's 200 yards, I can hit a good solid 4 iron. Insane what hitting the middle of the face does!

Just pisses you off when you hit it so damn good, and your left with a massive putt or chip to save par.

Yep, I've been working on my wrist angle/bow. Suddenly my 52º wedge goes 115-125 yards instead of 90-100 yards. Its the same way across all my irons up to the 5 iron. The 3 & 4 irons, ehhhh, they are still hard to hit, lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520