• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Strokin' it

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Over the last couple of months I watched my PPR creap up from low 30's to high 30's. I was pulling putts. I've changed grips, putter weights, lengths, used mallets, face balanced, heel weighted and still kept pulling the SOB left.

After the last round I was sitting in the bar bitching about 40 putts and the guy I played with said "Move the ball back in your stance, if you pull left move it back, if you push right move the ball forward". I tried it. Yup, that was the problem, I'd let the ball creep forward in my stance.

Sometimes it's the easy things that get by me.

TheOnlyGolfProHere

Jan 1, 2007
Sounds great. The one thing about putting is, you only need to practice, practice, practice. The putting stroke and reading greens.
I went out today and played in a tournament today. It was 23 degrees this morning around 7 a.m. but quickly warmed up to a nice 50 degrees by the time my group started at 11 a.m. Before playing I chipped and putted, then went to the range and hit about 40 balls. Then back to the putting and right before out start I did more chipping. We had an A, B, C, and D player. I was the D player with an 18 hdcp.
I said that to say this, I only had "29" putts today. Yes, 29 and I shot an 89. Not that impressive but I had 8 one putts and 1 three putt. My up and downs were SWEET.
So, yes practice putting on your carpet at home and practice chipping at home.
TOGPH (Oh, my group came in 3rd and won some money)

Members online

No members online now.