• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stroking the forgings...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
It's taken a few rounds, but the blades are finally coming into form. It's taken work, and plenty of it.

A word of advice to anyone thinking of playing blades: You can't play blades if you play golf 4 times a month and have no time to practice.

I've been at the range just about any time I get free and i've been working them like crazy. I took 6 days off because of inclement weather, and they sucked the hind tit the next time out. You have to place huge time into these puppies, or they'll bite your ass off.

They sure feel nice tho.;)

-2 today, made every putt inside 12 feet.

R35

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
-2 is indeed impressive. Great putting and glad you like the clubs. I need putting lessons and don't know where to get them....

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Its funny how putting can come and go. Some days, you can't miss anything. Then, a couple days later, you couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

My only solace is that you'll get out of that valley soon enough, B. It's all cyclical. Before long you'll get an epiphany and just make everything. How we all long for those days when we are in the putting rutt....

R35

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
TA1's are coming around too, i'm still working on some swing changes though, but i think i finally have it, i'm down to about one or two swing thoughts now, as opposed to a million... its surprising how not thinking helps so much, had a dismal range trip today, but i worked on some stuff and watched my old lesson tapes and discovered a flaw in my grip which was causing the face to come closed, over time, the "should be" easy concept of keeping my head down slipped my mind, i noticed myself coming out of way too many shots, recommited to it and am just nailing the ball now.

can't wait to surprise that pro on tuesday

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I'm still keeping with the blades, although I find myself going for an extra club since I know I'm not going to get good contact :)

This backfired on me today when I airmailed 2 greens. My iron play has been dreadful so far this season. I haven't hit the CB's yet and probably won't or I'll be totally lost.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Stick with it, it'll come with time.

I had that mental idea too, of going with an extra club and swinging easy. Fact is, when you swing easy, it just goes. Lesson learned? Swing easy with the right club and you're home.

You really have to learn your blades on a more personal level than you would ever expect. Alot harder than I thought it was going to be, and then some.

R35

CKGuY914

simplicity vs complexity
Apr 8, 2005
I am hitting my MP-32s just fine, it was a smooth transition from the T-Zoid Pros to them; but then again the 32s are probably one of the easier to hit blades. Believe it or not I've actually gained half a club length since the switch, but it's largely due to a small swing change.

73, +1 today

irons are solid as rock just can't putt worth much, missed 3 five footers

drove to the green side bunker pin high on a 330 par 4, hit out to 5 feet and missed *sigh*

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I tried a set of T-Zoids out last fall. I really liked them. But, they weren't anything like the 33's. I imagine your 32's are just as sweet.

Good shooting, by the way, even if the putter was sucking toilet.

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.