• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

StubHub sucks

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
To anyone ever considering buying event tickets via StubHub: don't do it. Back in February I bought 4 tickets to the Harry Connick, Jr, concert that was to be held at Bell Auditorium here in Augusta. Of course, it was cancelled. I immediately asked StubHub for a refund. They refused, saying it was not officially cancelled. After they kept this up for a month, I filed a complaint with PayPal. PayPal is just as crooked, as they ruled against me, saying I got tickets, so I got what I paid for.

As soon as I filed the PayPal complaint, StubHub closed my account, so I can't even access the account. They stole $420 of my money.

As a last chance, I filed a complaint with Discover Card. We'll see how honest they are.

BTW, according to their website, they are NOT refunding anymore; they are instead "giving" 120% coupons towards future concerts. They will not even "give" me this, as they have cancelled my account. Thieves.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Yeah, that would piss me off, too. Even if Discover comes through, file a complaint with the BBB. Once it's filed, they basically have to respond if I remember correctly, or just accept a bad ding on their rating.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
If Stubhub is doing that, I can't even IMAGINE how badly Ticketmaster is fuking people over.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
The probably have zero cash flow and literally cannot refund you...with cash they don't have. Which is exactly why they are giving refunds since there's no concerts happening right now they stop hemorrhaging cash.

You'll probably have to call someone to have the account reinstated. It was probably turned off for 'abnormal account activity'. You might want to read their small print about stuff getting canceled. You DID purchase tickets and you DID receive said tickets. So I kind of agree with PayPal to be honest. Depending on what you agreed to when purchasing tickets as far as concert cancellations go, you might be screwed. You may have agreed to a 'refund' via a gift card to stubhub...which, if you get your account reinstated by calling them, they will probably give you.

EDIT: I don't know how Discover will handle the issue. But since you used it via paypal...I'm guessing paypal is going to tell Discover to go pound sand. You got what you paid for.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
The probably have zero cash flow and literally cannot refund you...with cash they don't have. Which is exactly why they are giving refunds since there's no concerts happening right now they stop hemorrhaging cash.

You'll probably have to call someone to have the account reinstated. It was probably turned off for 'abnormal account activity'. You might want to read their small print about stuff getting canceled. You DID purchase tickets and you DID receive said tickets. So I kind of agree with PayPal to be honest. Depending on what you agreed to when purchasing tickets as far as concert cancellations go, you might be screwed. You may have agreed to a 'refund' via a gift card to stubhub...which, if you get your account reinstated by calling them, they will probably give you.

EDIT: I don't know how Discover will handle the issue. But since you used it via paypal...I'm guessing paypal is going to tell Discover to go pound sand. You got what you paid for.

Wow. You're entitled to your opinion but you could not be more wrong. StubHub and PayPal will not take phone calls. Email only with PayPal. Chat only with StubHub/ and I spent hours on several occasions trying to work this out with them and the guy typed to my face: we closed your account because you filed a complaint. I paid to go to a concert, not $420 for 4 pieces of paper.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Wow. You're entitled to your opinion but you could not be more wrong. StubHub and PayPal will not take phone calls. Email only with PayPal. Chat only with StubHub/ and I spent hours on several occasions trying to work this out with them and the guy typed to my face: we closed your account because you filed a complaint. I paid to go to a concert, not $420 for 4 pieces of paper.

I've called and talked to PayPal customer service concerning fraud on my account. Never had the need to call stubhub.

Still comes down to stubhub's policies (that you signed on the dotted line and agreed to buy purchasing from them) on canceled events. What they consider to be a 'canceled event'. etc. If they have violated that contract in some manner, file suit. Should be an easy win with the contract in hand.

If you just want to be pissed off, then go for it.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
I've called and talked to PayPal customer service concerning fraud on my account. Never had the need to call stubhub.

Still comes down to stubhub's policies (that you signed on the dotted line and agreed to buy purchasing from them) on canceled events. What they consider to be a 'canceled event'. etc. If they have violated that contract in some manner, file suit. Should be an easy win with the contract in hand.

If you just want to be pissed off, then go for it.

StubHub changed their policies after this began, when they found out they did not have enough money to refund without going broke. I predict a class action lawsuit. I should file a suit costing me thousands for $400? You're not as smart as I thought.

Try calling PayPal now. They are not accepting phone calls. This is not business as normal.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
StubHub changed their policies after this began, when they found out they did not have enough money to refund without going broke. I predict a class action lawsuit. I should file a suit costing me thousands for $400? You're not as smart as I thought.

Try calling PayPal now. They are not accepting phone calls. This is not business as normal.

Is that not how a civil contract disputes go? You either eat the loss or file suit. Yes, if they broke thousands of contracts (and by your word it sounds like they did), then hopefully there is a class action. Again, I don't have the details of your contract, and you didn't really share them. I'm not one to pick up my pitchfork and light my torch just because someone runs in and yells 'Lets eat the rich!!!'. I want some actual proof.

It's not business as usual and I think everyone needs to understand that and take a moment to give business some leeway. It sounds like they're trying to do what they can to salvage the company in the end. I understand you're upset over your $420. Imagine losing a 4 billion dollar investment you made in 2019 because of a government shut down of the economy. Maybe try seeing things from another person's point of view too.

lol, I think quarantine is getting to you people.

One person disagrees with you or expresses a dissenting opinion and people really get their panties in a bunch.

Maybe I'll take a break from Shottalk till you people get your wits back about you.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Is that not how a civil contract disputes go? You either eat the loss or file suit. Yes, if they broke thousands of contracts (and by your word it sounds like they did), then hopefully there is a class action. Again, I don't have the details of your contract, and you didn't really share them. I'm not one to pick up my pitchfork and light my torch just because someone runs in and yells 'Lets eat the rich!!!'. I want some actual proof.

It's not business as usual and I think everyone needs to understand that and take a moment to give business some leeway. It sounds like they're trying to do what they can to salvage the company in the end. I understand you're upset over your $420. Imagine losing a 4 billion dollar investment you made in 2019 because of a government shut down of the economy. Maybe try seeing things from another person's point of view too.

lol, I think quarantine is getting to you people.

One person disagrees with you or expresses a dissenting opinion and people really get their panties in a bunch.

Maybe I'll take a break from Shottalk till you people get your wits back about you.

I was thinking exactly the same thing about you. Your remarks to me are borderline asshole. I shared all the details I have. Stealing someone else's money is never good, and that is exactly what they have done to me and thousands of others.
Does this help your reading comprehension? StubHub is a defendent in it as well. They will be bankrupt soon, and good riddance. $420 won't kill me, I'll just spend less for a month.
Fans sue MLB, teams over ticket money, ask for class action

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
If Stubhub is doing that, I can't even IMAGINE how badly Ticketmaster is fuking people over.

Actually Ticketmaster is treating people ok, I have a few concerts that were postponed and some that were flat out canceled. Was supposed to see Shania in Vegas in march but I got that $300 back, then we had tickets for Ozzy in July but he canceled and we got that back as well. Still waiting to see whats up with The Stones as they have postponed but nothing is canceled yet. I also have tickets for Kenny Chesney which was supposed to be this past Saturday at Miller park but they swear it will be rescheduled. Last big one we have is end of August with Motley Crue, Poison, Def Leppard and Joan Jett all of whom claim they aren't canceling or postponing jack squat.

I do however have almost $1000 that Delta is holding & trying to give me the old "credit" deal. Screw that I had tickets for Vegas and everything shut down plus I paid for the trip insurance..I have filed with that company as well to get the $$ back.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country

Stubhub and Paypal are both crooked ass companies and it wouldn't bother me in the least to see them both go belly up.

🔥 Latest posts