• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

StubHub sucks

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Is that not how a civil contract disputes go? You either eat the loss or file suit. Yes, if they broke thousands of contracts (and by your word it sounds like they did), then hopefully there is a class action. Again, I don't have the details of your contract, and you didn't really share them. I'm not one to pick up my pitchfork and light my torch just because someone runs in and yells 'Lets eat the rich!!!'. I want some actual proof.

It's not business as usual and I think everyone needs to understand that and take a moment to give business some leeway. It sounds like they're trying to do what they can to salvage the company in the end. I understand you're upset over your $420. Imagine losing a 4 billion dollar investment you made in 2019 because of a government shut down of the economy. Maybe try seeing things from another person's point of view too.

lol, I think quarantine is getting to you people.

One person disagrees with you or expresses a dissenting opinion and people really get their panties in a bunch.

Maybe I'll take a break from Shottalk till you people get your wits back about you.

This coming from the guy who won’t follow the one way sign in the grocery store aisles because it causes him an inconvenience LMAO!

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I was thinking exactly the same thing about you. Your remarks to me are borderline asshole. I shared all the details I have. Stealing someone else's money is never good, and that is exactly what they have done to me and thousands of others.
Does this help your reading comprehension? StubHub is a defendent in it as well. They will be bankrupt soon, and good riddance. $420 won't kill me, I'll just spend less for a month.
Fans sue MLB, teams over ticket money, ask for class action

Quote the lines you consider 'asshole'. Besides me not agreeing with you wholesale and considering the other side of the story that didn't get to be told here. I never personally attacked you. You, however, called me dumb in a roundabout way. Which, whatever, I probably am.

EDIT: I re-read all my comments and do not see anything I would consider 'assholeish'. However, it seems I'm the only one that thinks so. So my 'asshole' meter might be a bit off.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
This coming from the guy who won’t follow the one way sign in the grocery store aisles because it causes him an inconvenience LMAO!
It's not about inconvenience really, it's about doing what I feel is best for me and everyone else. Walking past 4 people in an aisle I don't need to go down, so I can get to the item that I was 10 feet from is asinine.

Now, if the item is on the other end if the aisle, and there's 4 people in that aisle but none in the other aisle...well, I'll take the other damn aisle. It's not like I'm going to purposely go the wrong way just to 'stick it to the man'. Again, I'm no genius, but me going the wrong way down an aisle isn't inherently dangerous.

EDIT again: Generally speaking, I'm a rule follower. I come to a complete stop at stop signs in the middle of ******* nowhere where I can see for miles in both directions. I use my blinker 99.98% of the time. I turn my lights on even when I don't need to. I only cross the street in cross walks even if it's inconvenient. So again, it's NOT about inconvenience. It's about logic and critical thinking. Not imposing horse shit rules that really, by themselves don't solve anything. It's posturing at best and purely great marketing at worst. "Look at how much we care about our customers, you're safer here.....spend your money here".

Last edited:

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Not imposing horse shit rules that really, by themselves don't solve anything. It's posturing at best and purely great marketing at worst. "Look at how much we care about our customers, you're safer here.....spend your money here".
My mom died on saturday and we can't even have a funeral for her. Even if we could, I wouldn't go because my dad is high risk. So just because you haven't been affected directly doesn't mean others haven't and it doesn't mean you can't show some simple consideration for other human beings.

This virus is real. It's deadly and it spreads like wildfire. So if me taking the extra time to go the right way down an aisle prevents someone else from potentially dying, I'll go down that aisle the right way. It's simple.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
My mom died on saturday and we can't even have a funeral for her. Even if we could, I wouldn't go because my dad is high risk. So just because you haven't been affected directly doesn't mean others haven't and it doesn't mean you can't show some simple consideration for other human beings.

This virus is real. It's deadly and it spreads like wildfire. So if me taking the extra time to go the right way down an aisle prevents someone else from potentially dying, I'll go down that aisle the right way. It's simple.
Sorry for your loss, Tea. I really am. I've actually had several people in my family pass that I won't get to go to a funeral for, so I do know your pain.

How is trying to avoid people not compassionate? It's like you have this preconceived notion that because I think one way aisles is a useless rule that I want people to die? That's ridiculous and insulting. I've explained my position several times now, if you don't understand it, or don't care to understand it, that's fine. Move on. If I can avoid people I'm going to, if that means going the wrong way down the aisle, well, that's what I'm going to do.

If you want to abide by the one way rule, go for it. I'm more than happy to let you live your life the way you see fit.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country

Sorry for your loss Aaron.

🔥 Latest posts