• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stupid *&^%$ Game!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
They're joined at the hip! The driver and putter are intimately locked together, tighter than two dogs makin' puppies.

Had been struggling with the driver. Last weekend, cut 1 1/4" off the G10. It was 45 3/4 and I took it down to 441/2. Magic!!! The Golf Gods smiled upon me and blessed me with the feeling that I had finally mastered the game. Last Sunday, missed one fairway. Off work early this Friday. Joined 3 old farts and had a blast. Played an entire 18 holes without missing a single fairway. Wasn't even in the first cut. I could not miss.

Friday, the driver was a miracle club and the putter stunk up the place. I missed 5... FIVE... putts of less than 2 FT!! A cross-eyed mongoose could find a hole easier than I could with the Scotty on Friday. Still, the driver and irons kept me in the game.

Tourney at the course on Saturday so didn't play. Placed the Scotty in "time out" and put the old My Echo Ping back in the bag. From a $300 putter to a $3 putter. The My Echo has always felt good and put a good roll on the ball. I'll show that *&^% Scotty!! The My Echo was on!! I made putts that haven't been in my arsenal since 3rd Grade. Seemed as if they had rolled troughs into the greens that were sloped straight to the holes. But.........

ONE!! ONE fairway hit all day!! I couldn't hit a fairway with my driver... with my 2-wood... or with my 2-hybrid. I hit so many hookers this morning, even TW would have been proud! Once into the trees and trash on the left, the rest of the game seemed to be there. Hit it into the trash, punch out, onto the green and make a putt.

Friday... 14 fairways hit, crappy putter... score: 84
Today... 1 fairway hit, can't miss putter... score: 84

Go figure!!!!! Surely Cribbage or Shuffleboard at the nursing home would be much easier than this dastardly game!!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
LOL.

Well. I feel your pain, Limp.

Best advice I can give.....be thankful you at least have one....

FYI, my membership is up....so I'm more willing to venture to play just about anywhere to play. Let me know if you ever want to get a round in.

-YG

🔥 Latest posts