• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Stupid You Tube

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
United States United States
Dam it. Well, I don't know who is stupider, the PRO on you tube or me....

Just before going to play 18 yesterday. Watched a You boob video on the Golf Grip. One where the left Thumb is directly on top of the grip, blah, blah.
Spent 18 holes with shots that went kinda straight, then turned sharply to the Right. Always into no-ball-finding rough. I was freaking mad all day. Lost dam near every golf ball.

Got home. calmed down with a Cold one or two. Got to thinking. Watched more You-golf-boob video.
realized I had watched an idiot.

Grabbed a club. Used the thumb on top grip.
Made slow swings without looking. Waggled the club in various directions.
Then, every time I slow-mo'd the club into and through an imaginary ball postion, the face was OPEN. DAMMIT.

My hand, and my body don't want the Thumb there. FWIW, I play all sports right handed, but I am very much otherwise, a left handed person.

Went back to grip where my left thumb was not on Top, but to the right, where my hand LIKES it.
Waggles, swings, wave club all over....do a slow mo, and sure as hell, the club face was STRAIGHT BABY.

18 holes of pissing mad golf. I gotta blame myself for that. Some pga teaching pros just suck though.
well, hell, back to the Course today!! :)

Members online