• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Summer's end

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
Well the season is starting to wind down for us New Yorkers. Next weekend we will start seeing frost delays. I'm still playing and will stick to it even playing on tundra turf until the snow stops me.
This summer saw some great experiences. I got to play for the first time some of the greatest tracks in the country:
  • Bethpage Black, the most imaginative, longest most challenging course I have played, especially so since we cheated and played from the tournament tips just see what it was like for the pros.
  • Baltustrol Lower Course (The Tournament Course), the home of so many fantastic opens and just a remarkable track. Also, the most refined, beautiful country club I ever set foot in.
  • Baltustrol Upper Course (The Tillinghast Course) that some say is actually more difficult than the lower with faster more undulating greens.
  • Bayonne Country Club, a links course in the middle of an industrial area on the Jersey side of the Hudson River. You drive through an industrial road into Ireland. Visually stunning. Magnificent club house and what will surely be rated as one of the best courses in the U.S. over time with views of Manhattan the whole way around.
  • Quaker Ridge, a perennial top 30 that some pros say is actually a better track than Winged Foot. It is less known because the members do not want PGA tournaments there. Fantastic condition and with 18 great holes.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
You got to play some fabulous courses! Only thing missing is Liberty National.

We had frost on the ground yesterday. :(

🔥 Latest posts