• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sunday at 8 AM south of Montreal

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Anyone wants to join in for a round at Triangle d'Or on Sunday?
Me and VTDivot will be there. Just need two others from the quebec or Vermont region.
:)

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
If not for the 1950 mile drive this would be fun. :canadafla

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Looks like it's just going to be us Loop.... what will the format be? Suggestions? A Nassau perhaps?

OP
L

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Now you're talking :)
Since it'll be individual format, I'm suggesting 1$ a skin (for each hole), 5$ for the best score on each 9 hole.
Each birdie is double the value of the skin, eagle is triple.
At anytime the losing individual can "press", which doubles the value of a skin. But pressing means it's press for the remainder of the 9 holes...
With or without carry over, that's up to you, I'm up for anything. I'm pretty competitive, even if I suck, but I always do it in good fun ;)
If that's too much gamble, we'll play for drinks :D

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
First off - what's your index?

Secondly - How does this sound we'll play a 5-5-5 (5$ Nassau)

Plus:
1$ birds
5$ eagles
1$ for various "junk" (sandies, closest to pin on par 3's, long drive on par 5's)

This should keep it under 20 bucks.

OP
L

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
lol... I'm index 12 to 14.
I'm more about score. I suck in long driving.
What's a Nassau?
It's your call anyways. Or we can do match play :)

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
12-14 huh? So you're a 10 then...

A nassau is pretty simple.
It's basically 3 match play matches. One for each 9 and one for the total. There is a $5 bet for each of the matches. So if you win the front 2UP, and I win the back 1UP, those 2 matches would cancel and you would win the total 1UP and $5

The cash for the junk (birdies, closest, sandies etc) is added on at the end and payed out accordingly.

Long drive must be in the fairway, so even if you aren't long you can still win that piece of trash.

Most people will agree that a Nassau is the funnest low stress money match and often ends in no blood or very little payout. To be honest, I don't particularly like winning big money or losing it to people I know.

As far as HCP's go, the VTGA has me at 7 (even though I haven't broken 80 in a month) let me know what you want for strokes and we can go from there.

BTW - the weather looks shitty for Sunday... :(

OP
L

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
I don't want any stroke. Really.
And Nassau looks fun!
Let's do it :)

Weather channel sux...

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Sounds like fun, as long as it is not pouring down rain we'll be fine. All week the forcast was for sun on Sunday. I guess the leftover from Ophelia is moving thru the Northeast now

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
I dunno...they're gone this morning.

Weird.

And I wasn't drinking last night, I swear!

🔥 Latest posts