• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sundog glasses, Hunter Mahan "H" series.

Hackin_Away

Feb 13, 2009
Just wondering anyone has tried them, owns em, etc. I tried em on at the range but was in a rush so I didn't try them out. I actually wonder if they would let me try them out ON the range to see if I can hit and/or putt ok with them. My old pair of glasses, which survived 4yrs (RIP) finally kicked the bucket. These were not "golf" glasses....and the bottom frame was far too annoying to play golf with.

So, anyone tried em? I mean they are $60 at the golf shop...can find em a bit cheaper online...so not bank breakers by any means. When i tried em on i initially liked the feel and the look of em...im particular about how glasses fit me. I just question if I would end up liking them for actually playing!

Again, anyone own em tried em, etc? Do you even play with glasses on all the time? I read the brown lenses "enhance" depth perception....was actually lookin @ a pair that had those (not for that particular reason)....but they were silver framed.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Had a set of Sungdogs 4 or 5 years ago, just when Mahan began doing their design work. I enjoyed the optics, but the frames fell apart. Went back to my Oakleys. I've worn Oakleys for years and always had very good luck with them. And... with my wife working for an eye doctor who is an Oakley dealer, I get them at a pretty good price.

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
I play in a pair of Oakley Square Wires. Black Iridium lenses. Not golf specific lenses, but of my three pairs of Oakleys, these are my favorites for golf mainly because of the shape of the lense/frame.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I think glasses do have a clear winner and that is OAKLEY as well. The amount of R&D and technology behind them is stunning. I'm very careful with my eyes, and I'm never worried about how I look but rather what I am protecting, and you won't find anything better than plutonite lenses in the market

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I never found a pair of Oakley's that fit my head right. I have a big noggin though. I always liked Ray Bans.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
I've always like Oakley's. I like the G30 (If I'm not mistaken) lenses for playing golf. Polarized black iridium are great for fishing or just being around the water in general.

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Just wondering anyone has tried them, owns em, etc. I tried em on at the range but was in a rush so I didn't try them out. I actually wonder if they would let me try them out ON the range to see if I can hit and/or putt ok with them. My old pair of glasses, which survived 4yrs (RIP) finally kicked the bucket. These were not "golf" glasses....and the bottom frame was far too annoying to play golf with.

So, anyone tried em? I mean they are $60 at the golf shop...can find em a bit cheaper online...so not bank breakers by any means. When i tried em on i initially liked the feel and the look of em...im particular about how glasses fit me. I just question if I would end up liking them for actually playing!

Again, anyone own em tried em, etc? Do you even play with glasses on all the time? I read the brown lenses "enhance" depth perception....was actually lookin @ a pair that had those (not for that particular reason)....but they were silver framed.

I am on my second pair of Mahans....I got the original ones a couple years ago, then went to their new style this last year...good quality product, excellent lenses, and really nice pricing....

I would put them head to head against most Oakleys any day of the week.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.