• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sunglasses

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
Whoops, almost forgot about this thread.

I ended up getting a pair of Oakley Half Jacket XLJ with the polarized black iridium lenses. I love them so far. Extremely light, comfortable, and do their job perfectly.

Good choice. The best part is, Oakley makes a ton of different lenses for HJ frames. I think they are around $40, if you ever want to try some different ones.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Yeah, i need to get a pair of non-polarized for riding my motorcycle...the polarization of the sunglasses screws with the sheild on my helmet and makes things look really weird. I don't like riding with a smoked shield because i don't want to carry two shields if i'm out after dark so the sunglasses are easier to just toss in a hard case and throw in the trunk.

I might also get their G30 lenses supposedly made specifically for golfing...

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
Yeah, i need to get a pair of non-polarized for riding my motorcycle...the polarization of the sunglasses screws with the sheild on my helmet and makes things look really weird. I don't like riding with a smoked shield because i don't want to carry two shields if i'm out after dark so the sunglasses are easier to just toss in a hard case and throw in the trunk.

I might also get their G30 lenses supposedly made specifically for golfing...

I'm amazed you have a helmet that ginormous half jacket arms fit under. Is your helmet too big for your head?

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
No, my helmet fits snug like it should...it takes quite a bit of pushing to get the arms back in the padding, and it pushes them into my head, but after a while i don't feel them. Its not too uncomfortable at all.

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
No, my helmet fits snug like it should...it takes quite a bit of pushing to get the arms back in the padding, and it pushes them into my head, but after a while i don't feel them. Its not too uncomfortable at all.

Right on. Shit ain't happening under my street helmet. Feels like getting stabbed. I can wear them under my dirt helmet, but the padding in those is designed for it. I can get normal glasses in my street helmet, but the arms of my half jackets are too bulky and funny shaped so it's a no-go.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I think my saving grace is that the way my helmet is designed the split between the forhead and up padding, and the ear area padding just happens to be right where the arms go

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
Nothing will ever compare to a pair of Dillion Optics. Price tag is pretty big but they are the clearest lens you'll ever look out of. If you tried them you'd never want to give them up.

29.jpg
29.jpg

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Late to the party but support the Oakley Half Jacket purchase. I use Half Jacket G30 XLJ for golfing and cycling, I have black iridium and dark bronze std shape lenses that I throw in for casual wear (been known to play golf in the dark bronze).

Someone above mentioned the VR28 lens, that's a great lens as well. I have a VR28 Sweep lens for my Pro M-Frames that I also cycle with. I use a clear Heater lens in std M-Frames for eye protection while mowing (or in the lab when I was in school).

Needless to say, I'm a big Oakley fan. (Gascan-S with Bronze lens are my daily wear)

🔥 Latest posts