• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

SuperQuad with Epic

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I took the 90yd. walk out into the range to pick up the Superquad head up out of a puddle.

I can only imagine the rage.... which range were you at?

were you almost done? - I couldn't imagine trying to finish off a bucket after a new shaft failed - i might have broken something else....

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I can only imagine the rage.... which range were you at?

were you almost done? - I couldn't imagine trying to finish off a bucket after a new shaft failed - i might have broken something else....

I still had 3/4 of a bucket and I was getting a little nuts. I hit my 3 and 5 woods off a low tee... ever see a 5W go 240 with a 10yd. fade?
icon10.gif
I think I pulled something in my groin area.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
so which range were you at? (trying to picture the walk downrange - there just aren't that many ranges in RI)

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Supercud?
Superscud?
Supercod?
Supermod?
Superack?
Superhack?
Superlack?

Any will do

Imho the Superspud is a high spinning club more suited to higher handicappers,no offence intended to Ez and his personal choice of weapon,but the 425 TP is a much better club than the Superquack.Also,I think its Jeff who told me to try the heavier weights in the front,he got 1500 less spin.I tried it and got similar results

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
so which range were you at? (trying to picture the walk downrange - there just aren't that many ranges in RI)

I was at the Seekonk driving range on MA. It's closer and cheaper than any other ones. There was nobody there and it was pouring rain. I knew something was wrong when I had been lining up my grip with the V55 lines, hitting it decent with 5yd. fade and suddenly the head was about 30* open at adress. 2 more swings and see ya later.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I knew something was wrong when I had been lining up my grip with the V55 lines, hitting it decent with 5yd. fade and suddenly the head was about 30* open at adress. 2 more swings and see ya later.

Nah, 30* open means nothing. :D

Have you contacted Graf yet?

R35

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Yes and they responded immediately. I told him the truth as he wanted to know what,when, where, how. He intially said they would replace it so hopefully still the case. If not, the good news is I removed the ferrule and the little epoxy that was on the tip. It could easily be cut a mere 1/4" leaving it at just over 42" length. It could actually take a 1/2" trim to go to 42 on the dot and play at like 44.5 installed. Worse case scenario I'll give it another shot in the Superquad at that length. Of course I would trade it straight up for a V2 65g .350. :laugh:

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Just traded the Adams hybrid for a new Comp NT 65-S but it's a .335. Might try it in the Superquad. Also waiting to hear back from GG. Might also get the 9.5* R7 quad TP with the Fit on 6. So if the Fit-on doesn't do well I could yank it, sell the shaft and drop the Comp NT in it. So many options... Eventually I'll figure one out. At least the weather is supposed to suck for like the next 10days and I'll be working anyway.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I love how you still took a few more swings with it.

Lol. Yeah, in denial I guess. "WTF... Hmmm.... maybe I didn't use enough tape on the grip??" :laugh:

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
Yes and they responded immediately. I told him the truth as he wanted to know what,when, where, how.... :laugh:

Did you tell him that you used a stove and a steak knife to perform this surgery? :laugh: :laugh:

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Did you tell him that you used a stove and a steak knife to perform this surgery? :laugh: :laugh:

No, I was actually very carful to follow the instructions on the insertion. I think the bond could not hold up between the Nanofuse being difficult begin with and the hosel/shaft difference.

Anyway, new one is in the works.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
LOL, did you send the him the pre ferrule finish pictures to look at.

Staff online

Members online