• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

SUPERSIZE ME!!!!

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Watched this movie last night and found it quite interesting, the guy eat McDonalds 3 times a day for 30 days straight, and had to have EVERYTHING of the menu at least once ,had to eat every last bit off it and the only thing he could eat was McDonalds the whole day. There where some interesting facts in it, like Manhattan has more McDonalds than burger king, KFC and taco bell put together, and also there where these two girls who where going to sue McDonalds because the where FAT, bullcrap they don't force you to eat it. The whole point of the movie was this guy was going to eat McDonalds to see if it made him ill, and man it did he gained like 40 pounds in a month and the doctor said if he continued to eat it he would die, he was struggling everyday to finish it he was sweating because it was so hard to finish. He also went around all the schools to see what sort of foods they where serving to the kids and 90% of the schools where serving the school processed crap food. There was also this guy in it who just lived of BIG MAC'S he was as skinny as a twig and he has eat more big Mac’s than anyone in the world, he has counted ho many he has and McDonalds held a special day for him for his 19000 burger he eat on average last year 3 a DAY, I couldn't believe this how was he not fat. Anyway back to the guy that was eating McDonalds every night his sex life went way down he was tired all the time and had constant headaches, the doctor recommended that he didn't eat McDonalds for another year, if I was him I couldn't look at another McDonalds again. Sorry if I have ruined the movie for you. And rent it if you can, it is interesting.

S

spankdoggie

I haven't seen it, but yeah, I feel you... (that means I understand where you are coming from)...

Mcdonalds has very good breakfasts. I had one two years ago and I was surprised at the quality of the breakfast... quality bacon, eggs, and biscuits, and their coffee was quite average, and that is a compliment...

I don't eat their burgers... I go to Bull's Head (best burgers in San Francisco, next to Darla's on 9th and Irving)... Don't get me started on the best sushi, Thai, Italian (Aquerello, do a google search), etc... Don't get me started you bastards!!!

Sheeks, I live in San Francisco, so I don't eat at those fast food Mcdonald places. I generally have lunch in pretty good restaurants every single day, and some not so fancy...

I am born and raised in San Francisco, and I know this city more than I know the back of my hand. If any of you need help with San Francisco, I am the man...

OP
T

The master

Oct 24, 2004
spankdoggie said:
I haven't seen it, but yeah, I feel you... (that means I understand where you are coming from)...

Mcdonalds has very good breakfasts. I had one two years ago and I was surprised at the quality of the breakfast... quality bacon, eggs, and biscuits, and their coffee was quite average, and that is a compliment...

I don't eat their burgers... I go to Bull's Head (best burgers in San Francisco, next to Darla's on 9th and Irving)... Don't get me started on the best sushi, Thai, Italian (Aquerello, do a google search), etc... Don't get me started you bastards!!!

Sheeks, I live in San Francisco, so I don't eat at those fast food Mcdonald places. I generally have lunch in pretty good restaurants every single day, and some not so fancy...

I am born and raised in San Francisco, and I know this city more than I know the back of my hand. If any of you need help with San Francisco, I am the man...

Cool yeah I get there breakfasts a lot, I eat 2 mcdonalds a week which is what you are supposed to eat in a month.

So how close you life to francois he is form there, that is why you where gonig to meet him for lunch.

Don't need any help at the minute don't think I will be visiting.

Also earlier you said you had a job what you do?

S

spankdoggie

The master.

I posted a lot of comments of the great restaurants in San Francisco, and you have

"pulled a white glove off of your hand, and slapped me in the face with it."

I loved that sentence, and I know Besson loved it too. About 4 or 5 years ago on golfreview.com he came at me with some pretty good one liners so I used that phrase... And then we went to battle.

I no longer go to battle with Besson.

He is a man I respect and he has, too, always been extremely friendly and kind in our private discussions. I respect him as a man, although he is diametrically opposed to many things I believe in.

I am sure that Scotty loved him too. (Should I ask Scotty to join this forum?)

But to be quite honest, Besson is a man I can trust with my deepest secrets and I know he would never reveal them; his secrets will never be revealed by me...

(except when he confessed to me in a private message about having a fake ID and auditioning for American Idol)... And I would take to the grave any secrets he would ever tell me (he has told me none)...

The truth is that Besson is a golfer. True, I have quit golfing until spring, and I did post a 42 over 9 holes at Harding Park before going to a mickey mouse opera or something close to that...

What I find quite interesting is that Besson posted my reasons for stopping this grand game of golf, and yes I have stopped playing. What I found amazing was that he hit me like a nail on the head. I guess you could go read his posts about me over at GR, but he nailed my reasons right on the head, and it was quite strange, but I know Besson well, and I consider him a friend.

Keep in mind that he has the skinniest-ass calves in the Milky Way Galaxy...

The reasons behind my not breaking 90 were, (I believe, still in denial) completely physical, due to the thrice broken left arm, shattered right finger, and broken thumb... I no longer believe that... I am just doing what I love now, and golf really pissed me off, at the time...

I can run like a freaking black-ass bastard from a ghetto liquor store robbery, so I just ran harder than I used to...

I run like a black man. I am a fast-ass bastard.

I am blacker than most of my black friends.
(I am not blacker than my best man in my wedding; he is blackest of all, true)

So I run long. I run strong. And I run like a bastard. I also ride my bike across the Golden Gate Bridge and the bastards want to charge me a dollar now to cross. They can kiss my ass, the jackasses. I also have closed the #2 gripper, honestly (may my family die if I lie)...

They can kiss my ass trying to charge me a dollar to ride across the Golden Gate Bridge... Bastards... Sheet, I was in Honolulu about 3 weeks ago on vacation and I went snorkling in Hanauma Bay, and they charged us 5 bucks to get in, but locals were free.

Locals should be free to cross the Golden Gate Bridge on a bicycle. Charge the tourists... Sorry, I am getting off my platform now. They are not charging us now, they are just putting it up publicly for opinion, and it appears it will be shot down, the bastards...

rambling,

spankdoggie baller with a holler, shotcaller...

P.S. The master, I am a high end contractor in San Francisco ($200,000 kitchen remodels in Seacliff, etc.. and many of the buildings I have remodeled have been in movies. No big deal, someone has to do it... I build stuff. And I tear it down before I build it; that is the fun part. I wont' mention names or addresses, because of reasons you guys understand...

And you know what? ... Quite a bunch of the richer guys I build for are very, very nice guys. They are extremely good guys. Oh damn, I am rambling... don't get me started you bastards!!!

I am not rich, but that is relative.

Just stop hating on the rich guys.

Nerds like Q with a rich daddy need to make their own way though. These poor kids are lost...

Rambling,

bedtime, love, and warm teddy bear hugs,

spankdoggie baller with a holler

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Spanky:

Where do you live there? What neighborhood?

I am fairly familiar with the city - having been there about 10 times. In the past five years - I have spent about four weeks there.

You ever go to Beach Blanket Babylon?

Ever eat at Tadich Grill on California?

Is the Black Cat Grill still open in North Beach?

You ever eat at the R & G Lounge on Kearney?

Quentin

How U Doin'?
Aug 27, 2004
spankdoggie said:
But to be quite honest, Besson is a man I can trust with my deepest secrets and I know he would never reveal them; his secrets will never be revealed by me...

Corndog, you are a propaganda artist. No one should trust you.

Look at the 26th post to this thread at GR.

http://forums.golfreview.com/showthread.php?t=1271

Spanky(aka Corndog) gives a lot of information here about Besson (aka Montagle) that a lot of people won't comprehend. He did it in an attempt to scare Montagle with bringing more info to the public message board. You're a scary freakazoid Spankdoggie and should be neutered. Bringing out personal information about another poster on a forum is low.

~QQ

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
QQ.......welcome back.

I actually kinda like spanky, We do the same work, if he would actually play golf we would have even more in common. ;) although the only time you will see me run is the day when the Good Humor truck trys to get by my house without stopping.

It's all water over the dam as far as I am concerned.

You should stop obsessing about him, forget it......post some golf type stuff. :)

OP
T

The master

Oct 24, 2004
QQ just stay active at least here.

You and spanky can sort out your differences. ALos besson isn't her even though he views most days.

Anyway anyone actually seen the movie.

Your job sounds cool spanky do the rich dudes not leave nice tips?

What sort of hours you do?

Also I may like to add I comfortable won that flame against onetime yesterday. Anyone who says nim wit in the intense battle can't be taken serious. ;)

Also I'm thinknig of quiting gofl I was nealry reduced to tears again after my round today after school, my putter got launched about 9 times in 9 holes. I HAVE THE YIPS.

Quentin

How U Doin'?
Aug 27, 2004
Uh Sling, he is obsessing about me. He made negative reference to me in the thread above before I even posted. I am defending me.

Please scold the person in the wrong, not the person in the right. Thank you.

~QQ

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
While I like him....I guess I don't pay that much to him attention....LMAO!

Sorry. :)

S

spankdoggie

Bravo said:
Spanky:

Where do you live there? What neighborhood?

I am fairly familiar with the city - having been there about 10 times. In the past five years - I have spent about four weeks there.

You ever go to Beach Blanket Babylon?

Ever eat at Tadich Grill on California?

Is the Black Cat Grill still open in North Beach?

You ever eat at the R & G Lounge on Kearney?

Bravo, I have never been to Beach Blanket Babylon. I heard it is great, but it really has never captured my interest. I have seen Les Miserables, Camelot (with Robert Goulet before he died of AIDS; gorgeous voice, unbelievable voice), Carousel, Phantom of the Opera a few times, Lion King, Some Mickey Mouse Opera, umm... I am forgetting a few.

I love plays; they make me cry...

As for the restaurants you mentioned... no, I have never been to any of them. I would suggest going to the Top of the Mark at the Hopkins Hotel for a drink and some band music. That is a fun place to go to. I have been to too many places to even begin to list here in San Francisco...

Are any of the restaurants you listed pretty good?

Bravo, for your information, there are approximately 3400 restaurants in San Francisco, and if one were to eat at a different restaurant each day, it would take 9 years to eat at them all... http://www.sfvisitor.org/research/html/FAQ.html#7

Bravo, if any of those restaurants you have mentioned are pretty good let me know. But if you ever come back to San Francisco, go to Acquerello here. Rated the #2 Italian restaurant in the United States. For a hundred bucks a person you get six different wines with six different courses... Oh, plus the dessert with a dessert wine. http://www.acquerello.com/

Criminy, you need a taxi after that great dinner, and the food is almost as good as French Laundry. I am taking my wife to French Laundry this spring. Should be nice...

You ever seen Les Mis?

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Spank:

I have been to quite a few plays in my time - many in New York City on Broadway itself.

I asked about Beach Blanket Babylon because of its uniqueness in American theatre. The revue is ongoing and (from what I remember) is 25-30 years old.

BBB is skit/sketch comedy a la Saturday Night Live - in a musical fashion. Its success is testimony to the talent of the writer and actors AND the incredible hats. The closing scene has a hat approximately 6 feet long and 5 feet high that includes the Golden Gate Bridge, the TransAmerica Building and Coit Tower.

The Tadich Grill is the oldest continuosly operating restaurant in the state of California, being operated by the same family since 1850. Yes it was opened during the days of the Gold Rush.

The restaurant is known for its fresh fish and good variety of oysters. The average tenure of a waiter at Tadich is over 15 years. The restaurant does not accept reservations so getting there early is a good idea.

On our last trip, we tried to get a reservation at the French Laundry. I had a rental car and was willing and able to drive over there to dine. I attempted to get the reservation six weeks out and was told - "we are booked already".

On our last trip we also ate at Aqua - which at the time was rated in the top 5 by Zagat. The place was packed but we ate in the bar at 6:15. Excellent...

I like the R & G on Kearney because the place is loaded with local Asian families. If this tells us something about the quality and authenticity of the food - nothing else will. This is a fairly large restaurant on two levels with valet parking in front. First class in every way and you are not up in the tight spaces of Chinatown....

If anything, I would go to Tadich once for the experience. An old time very traditional American restaurant with a decor and ambiance that will take you back to the 19th century....On California in the Embarcadero Center area....

S

spankdoggie

Bravo said:
Spank:

I have been to quite a few plays in my time - many in New York City on Broadway itself.

I asked about Beach Blanket Babylon because of its uniqueness in American theatre. The revue is ongoing and (from what I remember) is 25-30 years old.

BBB is skit/sketch comedy a la Saturday Night Live - in a musical fashion. Its success is testimony to the talent of the writer and actors AND the incredible hats. The closing scene has a hat approximately 6 feet long and 5 feet high that includes the Golden Gate Bridge, the TransAmerica Building and Coit Tower.

The Tadich Grill is the oldest continuosly operating restaurant in the state of California, being operated by the same family since 1850. Yes it was opened during the days of the Gold Rush.

The restaurant is known for its fresh fish and good variety of oysters. The average tenure of a waiter at Tadich is over 15 years. The restaurant does not accept reservations so getting there early is a good idea.

On our last trip, we tried to get a reservation at the French Laundry. I had a rental car and was willing and able to drive over there to dine. I attempted to get the reservation six weeks out and was told - "we are booked already".

On our last trip we also ate at Aqua - which at the time was rated in the top 5 by Zagat. The place was packed but we ate in the bar at 6:15. Excellent...

I like the R & G on Kearney because the place is loaded with local Asian families. If this tells us something about the quality and authenticity of the food - nothing else will. This is a fairly large restaurant on two levels with valet parking in front. First class in every way and you are not up in the tight spaces of Chinatown....

If anything, I would go to Tadich once for the experience. An old time very traditional American restaurant with a decor and ambiance that will take you back to the 19th century....On California in the Embarcadero Center area....

Wow, thanks for all that information! I wish I could go to a Broadway play! I was in New York about a year and a half ago before my trip to Chile and Brazil... I did get onto the David Letterman show, but would have traded that in a hearbeat to see a Broadway show... We did have an option to do that, but you know how New York is; huge!!!

next time I hit New York I am going to do a Broadway show for sure...

Thanks for the tip on Tadich; I will go eat lunch there for sure now, or dinner... Sorry about French Laundry; they need like 3 or 4 months advance reservation...

I bought my wife Thomas Keller's book. She uses it quite a bit, and the pictures are great. I suggest buying his book, too...

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Well the good news is...getting into a Broadway show is easier than Letterman...

I tried to get into Letterman on the last trip and couldnt. So good for you on that one.

I took the wife and daughter on a tour of Rockefeller Plaza. We saw the SNL set. They told us that tickets to Sat Night Live were the toughest in NY.

Must submit a lottery twelve months in advance!!

S

spankdoggie

Rockefeller Plaza was cool. You must have been trying to get into the Saturday Night Live show when it was very good.

I have been feeling pretty disenfranchised with SNL lately. I miss all the funny guys that died.

rambling...

By the way, I got onto the Letterman show by signing up in case anyone dropped out; did it on the internet... They called me that day on my cell phone when I was in New York, and we were there... I visited Rupert's store around the corner, and he was cool. Got a picture with him and bought a tee shirt with his face on it... Went around the corner to Mujibur's store, and he was acting really weird. Damned Indian... j/k

Mujibur actually accused me in public of physically beating my wife. My wife had a scar on her chest from a serious car crash a couple of months earlier when she slammed against the seatbelt, and got some serious seatbelt burn...

I felt like I was in the twilight zone for real. I am about to kick Mujibur's ass for accusing me of beating my wife, and my wife puts down the 10 tee shirts and crap they sell, and tries to calm the situation down...

Next thing I know, Mujibur sold his store and is no longer on the David Lettermen. I wonder if anyone that worked there saw me almost kick his rotund ass.

Beating my wife... F that.

Mujibur can kiss my ass.

🔥 Latest posts