• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

surprise....that used club you bought had already been reamed out....

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
Sorry for creating another thread, but figured I'd post this separately - I thought it would be a good idea to reshaft the Titleist 585 hybrid I bought with the Rifle 5.5 shaft I currently have in my 4 iron (Macgregor m565)

now, the m565's I have are kind of "interesting" - the guy I bought them from played 7-PW in the 1025cm's and 3-6 in these m565's - he had the full set of 1025's, but only wanted to by 1/2 the set of m565's - I guess MacGregor didn't want to break up a set and sell pieces or something so he took 2 6irons and 2 3irons and had one of each bent to fill 4 and 5 iron spots - whoever did the work did a great job as the amount of offset looks consistent and the distance gaps are right on - it looks a little funny that the numbers on 2 clubs were filled in to avoid confusion, but they did a nice job with that too

anyway, I should have guessed, but they must have reamed the hosels to .370 too, because I couldn't fit the Rifle 5.5 shaft I pulled from the 4 iron into the taper tip Titleist 585 hybrid - guess I'm in the market for a taper tip shaft - unfortunately, I'm now missing a 4 iron from my bag

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
this is fascinating stuff. I've never seen anything like that b4.

OP
R

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
Hoping to get this thing reshafted sooner rather than later (scheduled a launch monitor session for Friday night, so I'd like to have the new hybrid with me to get a feel for distance and yardage gaps) - just dawned on me that I might be able to browse the used/former demo clubs for sale and possibly pick something up cheap that will have a serviceable shaft

I know most OEM clubs are taper tips, but can you guys think of any particular clubs that came with Rifle Flighted 5.5's? - it seems like it would be easier to look for certain types of heads then check the shaft instead of going through each and every club and looking at shafts

I know alot of the macgregors were available with Rifle's - who else is using these things?

OP
R

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I've officially decided taper tips are stupid and i'm having the hosel reamed out tomorrow

Members online

No members online now.