• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

surprising putter change

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I've been playing around with putters for the better part of a year now. My Studio Style was servicing my just fine but I wanted to try a mallet or two.

I tried a Ping Doc17 first. I thought it felt pretty good but in the end it was just too d@mn big. Next up was an Odyssey White Hot Tour #5. This putter started out great and I preferred this insert to the White Hot and White Steel that I've played previously but in the end I came to realize that a face balanced putter just doesn't suite me. So, back into the bag went the Studio Style.

Fast forward a few months and my putting is okay but can get pretty inconsistent. A few weeks ago, on a whim, I took the Ping Anser out of my cube and on to the practice green. Now, we're not talking a Redwood Anser here or even one of the newer insert Ansers; we're talking an original manganese bronze with sound slot and a nice patina - the thing is older than I am. (I picked the thing up three years ago out of a used bin for 20 bones) Anyway, I've been using it on the practice green ever since and have never had such great control with my putts. This thing feels just awesome and my distance control is spot on. I have a little lead tape on the sole but it is still pretty damn light at 33.25". I've not played a round for a couple of months now so the true test will be this weekend when I finally get out for 18.

Photos of the putter: http://www.shottalk.com/forum/equipment-talk/13552-hod-putter-office.html

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Nice putters but way to light, even with a little lead tape on the sole. My guess will be on the course you'll struggle with distance control. You should add some weight inside the tip of the shaft maybe 20Grams or so.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.