• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sweet looking Bettinardi wedge - never seen 1 b4

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Asthetics only, it does nothing for performance.

Personally, I think both the putters (which I've seen first hand) and the wedges (from these pics) look pretty bland.

R35

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Asthetics only, it does nothing for performance.

Personally, I think both the putters (which I've seen first hand) and the wedges (from these pics) look pretty bland.

R35

I think the milling looks nice but agree it does nothing for performance. Can't blame him for trying to jump on the Scotty bandwagon though.

I read an article about Cameron which said about how his Dad used to love restoring old permission drivers. Scotty fell for putters and started tinkering with them as a youngster. When he was starting off his business no banks would touch him and people laughed and said he was crazy trying to sell putters at that cost. Scotty stuck to his guns of producing milled putters & wouldn't be talked into mass producing cast putters. He got told he would go out of business in a few months but he had the last laugh.

BTW, didn't Bettinardi work on the design or milling of the I-Trax?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I think the milling looks nice but agree it does nothing for performance. Can't blame him for trying to jump on the Scotty bandwagon though.

Bandwagon? Is this the bandwagon that is pulling over to the side of the road as Cameron putters are dying a slow death, save some hardcore collectors?

BTW, didn't Bettinardi work on the design or milling of the I-Trax?

Have you seen the ITRAX? It's butt-ugly. I doubt it. :D

R35

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Bandwagon? Is this the bandwagon that is pulling over to the side of the road as Cameron putters are dying a slow death, save some hardcore collectors?

Have you seen the ITRAX? It's butt-ugly. I doubt it. :D

R35

Well the 'Bandwagon' has made Scotty Cameron a multi-millionaire. If the bandwagon is coming to a halt, how come all the major brands have launched milled putters, ie, Ping Redwood, Odyssey Black series, Mizuno Bettinardi, MacGregor Bobby Grace, Nike ugly things? Must be a market for it? Scotty may loose some market share but people want 'nice' putters and the companies are producing them (exept Nike, yak).

I-Trax is a Bettinardi, I'm sure I read it somewhere (not the back of a lolly stick).

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Well the 'Bandwagon' has made Scotty Cameron a multi-millionaire. If the bandwagon is coming to a halt, how come all the major brands have launched milled putters, ie, Ping Redwood, Odyssey Black series, Mizuno Bettinardi, MacGregor Bobby Grace, Nike ugly things? Must be a market for it? Scotty may loose some market share but people want 'nice' putters and the companies are producing them (exept Nike, yak).

I-Trax is a Bettinardi, I'm sure I read it somewhere (not the back of a lolly stick).

It may have made him a millionaire, but if you read some of his recent blog entries, he's starting to complain. I guess people want putters that aren't readily available as other people's designs - save the Futura.

Why buy a Cameron when you can have a TP Mills custom or a milled Odyssey for less money?

If you haven't already deciphered, I personally think Cameron putters are the biggest scam in golf. Period. That's my opinion and I don't think any less of anyone for using one. However, there's not a hope in hell I'd pay that kind of money for a run of the mill putter because it's got "heritage". Not a chance.

R35

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006

About time I was right about something!!! Law of averages I supose.

As for Scotty's I like them a lot, good feel, well made but mainly because if you buy the right one you don't loose any money on it. Buy a brand new retail Scotty and your a fool. Buy a 2nd hand retail Scotty and they hold there money very well. Buy a limited edition or sort after Scotty and you'll make money every time. I've got respect for the man after reading that article and the fact that he stuck to his dream when everybody was telling him he was a FOOL. Yes his Newport is very simlar to (copy of) the Anser but the methods of getting the final product are miles apart.

I like Ping Redwoods & Bettinardi's but there's not a lot on the 2nd hand market and you loose too much money on new.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Right, so its made using unique one-piece technology is it?

That would be forged then. I think forging might already have been invented but I could be wrong

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Right, so its made using unique one-piece technology is it?

That would be forged then. I think forging might already have been invented but I could be wrong

NO. Forging is where metal is heated & hammered into shape. Scotty milled his putters out of a single solid block, Milling is where you take a solid block and mill away at it until you get your desired shape. Scotty didn't invent milling but he was the one who 1st put milled putters on the menu.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.