• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Swing problem or just cheap shoes?

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
I'm getting a little frustrated with my golf shoes. The darn things keep falling apart, but always in the same place: the toe of the right shoe.

So I'm wondering it my swing is at fault? I know that when I make a full swing, I end up on the toe of my right foot and kind of drag the toe a bit.

And I usually buy cheap golf shoes, because they are....cheap.

But the 1st pair of Etonics I had lasted 3 years!!, even though the right toe was really worn. I bought another pair of Etonics 2 months ago, and the sole is separating from the uppers on the right toe.

I bought a pair of Adidas about a year ago, and even though there is minimal wear anywhere else, the sole is separating from the uppers on the right toe.

I have yet to find a glue that will glue the soles back to the uppers. Anyone know of one?

Surprising to me, a pair of FootJoy Greenjoys that I have worn for at least 50 walking rounds, have replaced the spikes 3 times, have absolutely no problems. And I only paid $30 for them.

So do I have a swing problem, or am I just buying the wrong shoes?

I need something comfy for walking and not too pricey. Footjoys? Greenjoys or eComforts?

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Gorilla Glue: The Strongest Glue on Planet Earth.

'nuff said.

Also; the Adidas Powerband/Tour 360 line has a special design on the toe to prevent exactly what you're talking about.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Shoe Goo...

My kids were all competitive soccer players. They all drag their toes on a throw in. I can't tell you how many pair of expensive soccer shoes I shoe goo'd the toe.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I 2nd the Shoe Goo. I spent my junior high years and freshman year of high school working as a bat boy for a pro baseball team, ALL the pitchers used Shoe Goo on the toe area of the push off shoes.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online