• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Swing question....

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
Hey guys,

Was checking out some swings on youtube and noticed this:

It seems like, when the pros (in this example, Tiger) initiates his downswing, it almost looks like he bends his knees a bit and then comes up. Is this something that the pros do to generate more power? Or is this part of the standard swing?

So I'm thinking, if he is bending his knees, wouldn't he hit it fat everytime? Not so because when his right foot comes up, it lifts his body.

Here are some links.

YouTube - Tiger Driver Swing Slow Motion at Nr 6 (Arnold Palmer 08)

YouTube - Tiger Woods Driver Swing 2008 Slow Motion

Really wish I could see a video of my own swing. (Got the camcorder but waiting to get out onto the range or course).

Thanks for the input guys.

Did some more searching on YouTube and found this great video that pretyt much answers my question above.

YouTube - Tiger Woods golf swing analysis

jackerman

Apr 30, 2008
[FONT=&quot]This is called a compression move it is not really the knees being bent more although it will be a derivative. Tiger used to have a very large compression move when with Buch Harman. Now he is reducing the up and down. This is due to good rotation and Shoulder tilt into impact (along with a great release). Don’t work on your knees work on weight transfer and keeping your spine angle consistent. If you want send me a video of your swing and I would be happy to analyze it for you. I can draw lines and give you a voice overview.

Jeffrey
[/FONT]

OP
Johnny Par

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
Thanks for the tip Jackerman.

I have a camcorder but don't have someone to record me at the range (no tripod either).

Going to try and have a buddy film next time we hit the course.

Will post, thanks again.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.